Cirrhosis

Namaste Mukunda

I have a student with cirrhosis, pretty severe I think as she is hoping for a transplant. I had her in a restorative reclined twist in class and when she went to the right she said she could feel the scar tissue stretching. She wanted to stay in it as she felt it was ok and good for her. I heard from her today that it turned out to be too much for her and was hurt. I should have followed my initial instinct to have her back off. She is a very regular student except for when she has bouts of illness and needs to stay in bed. Is there anything you would recommend for her? she does not see me privately, she only comes to group classes, so I know that limits what we can do together.

[QUOTE=bjploka;3568]Namaste Mukunda

I have a student with cirrhosis, pretty severe I think as she is hoping for a transplant. I had her in a restorative reclined twist in class and when she went to the right she said she could feel the scar tissue stretching. She wanted to stay in it as she felt it was ok and good for her. I heard from her today that it turned out to be too much for her and was hurt. I should have followed my initial instinct to have her back off. She is a very regular student except for when she has bouts of illness and needs to stay in bed. Is there anything you would recommend for her? she does not see me privately, she only comes to group classes, so I know that limits what we can do together.[/QUOTE]

since she is not attending private sesisons all you can say is be gentle and talk more about sattva.  If you wish to tackle her then you must do some research and see if you are capable of such a personality and health issue.  namaste mukunda