Clean yoga mat?

Watching this will not only make you want to buy your own mat and not use studio mats…but to also wash it regularly…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDcGJ-s9508 :o

Oh my… Americans obsession with germs… :rolleyes:

Something else I’ve noticed, the teachers adjustments are terrible! At least they seem to be to me…

If we look closer to almost every object that we touch, hold, grab dayly i’m sure we will see same even worst! But its true that its good to have ur own yoga mat, in my yoga club, some peoplepractise 3 times a week and never get their own mat…

buy an eco friendly mat.

First purchase I made when I began Yoga was my own mat after I saw the instructor leave out a mat that someone with the flu used that day.

Makes me wonder? who is actually going to a yogaclass with a flue? Ok that some are foolish but if i would have flue i would not have the energy for yoga.

[QUOTE=fakeyogis;72829]Makes me wonder? who is actually going to a yogaclass with a flue? Ok that some are foolish but if i would have flue i would not have the energy for yoga.[/QUOTE]

fakeyogis: I would have the energy, but would not jeopardize others health or ability to continue their day to day routine by “sharing” my sickness.

[QUOTE=NewBreedYogi;72830]fakeyogis: I would have the energy, but would not jeopardize others health or ability to continue their day to day routine by “sharing” my sickness.[/QUOTE]

Yes some people just dont care for others or i think they dont even think about what will happen if they have a flue and go to yoga. They dont seem to be thinking some steps ahead.

Hopefully time will make them realize too.

Taking a shower and being healthy usually gets the job done for me. No need to be obsessive. I respect those that disagree however.

There will probably always be people that disagree but remember the mind is impermanent just like this world.

[QUOTE=fakeyogis;72829]Makes me wonder? who is actually going to a yogaclass with a flue? Ok that some are foolish but if i would have flue i would not have the energy for yoga.[/QUOTE]

Not me. However, some people could carry the flu… or any virus… without actually showing symptoms. They could spread it unknowingly.

I have my own mat. That needs to go in the wash after every use… especially since I practice Bikram. No explanation needed there… :wink: