Cleaning my yoga mat

I have a light pink mat and I clean it regularly to prevent sweat, bacteria, and all that lovely stuff from getting trapped in. After having used it for a while, I’ve begun to notice that it’s getting discolored. I’ve searched all over for ways to remedy this and I have yet to find a solution that works. Do any of you have suggestions?

Nope. They fade over time.

Hopefully you are not using something harsh to clean it like rubbing alcohol or abrasives which will speed the process. Are you washing it in a machine, the tub, or wiping it down?

Fill a container with warm water, add ONE DROP of dishwashing liquid, add a cloth, swish the cloth around a bit and then ring out water completely; then wipe down the mat. Please hesitate before putting your mat in a tub or washing machine… some people swear by this but it doesn’t work for me. I hope this helps.
Cathy

Try using [B]Castile Soap[/B] , or you can buy readymade products like… Vermont Soap (top recommended by many yoga practitioners)…Vermont Soap Organics - USDA Certified Organic Yoga & Exercise Mat Cleans and Restores Yoga and Pilates Mats

Thanks YogSadhak, I’ll try the Vemont Soap. I’ve already tried your suggestion, Cathy, and to answer Inner Athlete, I’m not using abrasives on it. If the Vermont Soap doesn’t work I’ll probably just get a new (preferably darker) mat and go from there.