Coffee

I have come to enjoy raw cacao beans ie. raw unprocessed unheated chocolate… if you happen to get up in the morning and drink coffee first thing to wake you up you might instead consider taking a cold shower… i love taking cold showers first thing in the morning, it wakes you right up and gets your blood flowing and breath going… i’ll admit it was tough at first and some days still is but it’s all mind over matter… if you really love coffee then you should REALLY LOVE coffee and not view it as something bad for you… if you are consuming something that you have already decided it is bad for you just that mentality alone makes it more harmful to your body… if you consume any food with love and gratitude and thinking it is good for you then that mentality is way more powerful and good for your body… the form is about 1% of the equation the energy and the mentality is about 99% of the equation when it comes to food and much else… blessings friend! let love be the food you are constantly considering! :slight_smile:

You can definitely have that cup of coffee!

It’s even good for you - though maybe not [I]all[/I] good. I wrote about the pros and cons from both yogic and health perspectives here:

http://theyogadr.com/coffee-antiyoga/

Anybody that knows me knows my thoughts about caffeine ? it?s a legal drug that is highly addicting, and we addict our children to it at a young age. I?ve almost completely eliminated it from my diet for the past decade or so; other than an occasional food or beverage with a little caffeine or taking a caffeine pill when I start getting a migraine, I pretty much avoid it.

In medicine there is an Arndt-Schulze principle: a little is stimulant, more is supportive,
much is suppressive.

That means it is a matter of dose.

Coffee is not a bad thing for health. It is good for many reasons. It is good for fat burning and i like to drink it daily in breakfast. Coffee keeps me active all the day so it is good to drink coffee daily.

[QUOTE=Andelson;78803]Coffee is not a bad thing for health. It is good for many reasons. It is good for fat burning and i like to drink it daily in breakfast. Coffee keeps me active all the day so it is good to drink coffee daily.[/QUOTE]
Boot Camp Sydney

[QUOTE=Hobo;65795]I love coffee so much! I really don’t have any other vices. What are sound reasons for giving it up? Or can I keep it? Any other options or advice?[/QUOTE]

The only reason I could think of for giving up coffee is… well, I can’t think of any! If you’re having trouble sleeping, cut back and stop drinking it after a certain point in the day. Alternately, switch to decaf. :slight_smile:

hey this is up to you that what you wanna do just decide by your self and if you decide that to give up then following method

take one glass of hot water when you feel coffee requirement it really works

I alos love to drink coffee. Yes it has some bad sides but good sides too. So, just drink in limit that’s what I am following.

[QUOTE=oak333;73023]The bad does not come from bad things, but from the abuse of good things.

Schopenhauer[/QUOTE]

Love this.

The good stuff in moderation.

You’ll sleep much better without it!

But I do love a good cup every morning myself.

I will say that the switch to decaf has been helpful, even though I know that it still has a little caffiene in it

[QUOTE=Supafly;82965]Love this.

The good stuff in moderation.[/QUOTE]

Well then don’t forget moderation in moderation.

?Everything in moderation, including moderation.?

― Oscar Wilde

Recently I experienced an opportunity to give up giving up stuff.
I may not be as refined but oh man alive, I am way more fun.:cool:

there are healthy coffees that are coming up! I’d do some research and start those - of course the minuses are not all gone, but you will feel better about having it :slight_smile: and your body will be thankful too

Yes meditation is all about without some thing it will give you happiness which you can not even achieve it with that thing, whether it is a coffee or anything else.

http://kundaliniyogameditation.ca/

Coffee is ok … Don’t sweat it.