Cruises

An interesting question. A friend I know is going on a cruise and she is committed to a healthy, grain/wheat/rice free diet, with very little sugar intake and does not eat processed foods. She is about to go on a cruise and asked my advice about what she could eat, that would be healthy and as close as possible to her eating standards while still enjoying her trip…any ideas?

A diet totally devoid of any grain or rice is not necessarily healthy…whole grains, brown rice and any minimally processed rice/grains are healthy …sounds odd to leave them out of the diet.

Eat lots of veg, lots of fruit, whole grains and brown rice…drink water stay away from processed/packaged/fried foods.

Eating foods only from the local area so minimal transportation of food items…for freshness and lower impact on environment.

Eat organic free range or wild animals/fish not intensively farmed ones…insects are a good animal protein without any intensive farming and a minimal environmental impact.

The catering on cruise ships can be VERY wasteful…buffets that are kept constantly topped up often have a very high wastage of food as well as encouraging excess eating…does she follow this diet just for her own health or is she also thinking of the environmental impact of her consumption.

Tell your friend to contact the cruise line and I bet they can accommodate a wide variety of diets these days.

Long gone are the days of having to fast it out. At the very least advance the request so that those who follow may be better served.

yogacambodia-
Grains are actually not very good for you, they increase estrogen levels in the body and can lead to more body fat and other problems. Research has shown many many years ago people did not survive on grains, but on other things and now our bodies seem to depend on them but there is actually many reasons why they are not good for you.

And when she cut grains out of her diet, she not only felt better and had more energy, but lost about 40 pounds and feels great.

She does this diet mainly for health reasons,but she eats grass fed beef and free range chicken, etc and knows what to eat everyday, just is afraid she won’t find these things on the trip.