Cults In Yoga - Siddha / Brahma Kumaris / Sahaja Yoga, etc (often non physical Yoga)

You and yr cool breeze.
is kundalini just that.
some people never learn
pity.

Seeker 33,

THE FACTS :

1. Shri Mataji was grossly overweight, and never in good health, make all the excuses you want about her weight but her powerfull mind , cool breeze & kundalini just couldn’t control a simple thing like appetite.

2. Shri Mataji studied under Osho (Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh) and others. Nope Osho never recognised her as anything remotely special but of course she would claim different later.

3. Shri Mataji started a Cult, to make money and for power. Sahaja Yoga assets property etc was bought with donations and money from followers.

4. Shri Mataji had a tiny following as anyone with common sense could see she was completely deluded and rather mad.

5. Sahaja Yoga like many Cults has various tricks psychological & physical to keep members - the cool breeze, strange rituals, warnings if you leave you are vulnerable to demons, etc.

6. Sahaja Yoga members are not very spiritual people, have no idea what enlightenment is but are convinced they have found it in SY.

7. Sahaja Yoga and Shri Mataji are exclusive - only Sahaja Yoga has this or can promise you that, only the great Shri Mataji could do this, etc. You can’t get instant enlightenment outside SY.

8. Shri Mataji was never any good at Yoga nor did she know much either. Many Yogis that go on to master the more spiritual aspects, have mastered the physical Yoga first - show me photos of Shri Mataji doing anything advanced in Yoga? I think the most advanced I have seen from her was sitting cross legged - and it looked a struggle for her to do that!

9. Shri Mataji’s teachings and writings are an absolute joke compared to the greats - Vivekananda, Aurobindo, Paramahansa Yogananda, etc. This is confirmed by anyone into Yoga, and by contemporary reviewers and critics worldwide. [/B]

10. Despite repeated requests Shri Mataji NEVER stepped up to take the challenge from critics to prove her claims under scientific conditions. She dodged repeated requests for some 30 years.

11. There is nothing in Sahaja Yoga that other Cults don’t have or do - exculsivity, the only truth or the ultimate truth, ‘tricks’ to make you feel enlightened to keep you in it, psychological holds to keep you in it, person at the top denounces other leaders or faiths as they have all the truth, etc. Followers of Sahaja Yoga are absolutely blind to these paralells with other Cults.

12. Shri Mataji will NOT be remembered in history not a chance, Sahaja Yoga is tiny now and will stay tiny. Sahaja Yoga is unlikely to be around way into the future, with tiny amount of followers now it will likely die out in the future.

Why would all this truth come only to Shri Mataji, why her? Grossly obese, never good at physical yoga too lazy for that, quite mad when you hear her talks denouncing others and making ridiculous claims for herself. Why would God choose her of all people?

Seeker 33 sorry but you are being absolutely [B]PATHETIC![/B] Posting nonsense like the above to try add some credibility to a Cult leader like Shri Mataji, go ask President Obama ‘were you sad to hear of Shri Mataji’s death founder of Sahaja Yoga?’ , he will I guarantee answer ‘who?’. Loads of people get sent out messages like that from Presidents etc. Many Cults have such pretend endorsements - Scientology, Moonies, etc they actually thrive on it! Getting a nice certificate with birthday wishes, a photo with a political figure, shaking hands with the town Mayor or Chief of Police, or someone high in politics. Only people that think any of that means anything or these people regard the Cult leaders as being important are very naive & gullible people like yourself that are actually in the cult!

Few if any of the leading figures that sent out letters to people like Shri Mataji would even know who she was, those that had actually met her hads clearly not been briefed by their people ‘this woman is nuts, and leader of a cult’.

[B]You are so indoctrinated in Sahaja Yoga it is truly sad to see, listen close - nobody will ever free you from the grips of your Cult until you do so yourself or make the decision to do so![/B]

Shri Mataji was a non entity whilst she was alive, utterly insignificant hence a tiny following which will NOT suddenly grow now she is gone.

[B]Seriously - look at the paralells between your Cult and others, are you really that BLINDED not to see them??? Shri Mataji is the only one with this great truth that brought it to the world - yet hundreds of other Cults claim exactly the same thing! [/B]

Kundalini, the Breeze, etc - all neat cons to make the very gullible convinced this is the truth and real spiritual energy, loads of other cults have similar tricks of the trade.

She was a fake and con artist despite repeatedly bering asked to prove her powers since the 1980’s - she refused all such requests!!! If she could really do what she claimed and passed the tests - her following would have grown huge.

Bottom line - Shri Mataji is utterly insignificant spiritual figure, only a tiny amount of people in her Cult think she was. She will certainly NOT be remembered in history! The vast majority of books on spirituality especially Indian that cover many figures in modern times NEVER include jokes like Shri Mataji as she is regarded as being so utterly insignificant and such a blatant charlatan.

LOVELY PEOPLE SY REALLY TRANSFORMS LIVES LOL! :

http://www.kheper.net/topics/gurus/Sahaja-cult.htm

http://www.kheper.net/topics/gurus/Mataji.htm

[B][U]SEEKER 33 READ THIS PART CAREFULLY AND TRY (I KNOW NEAR IMPOSSIBLE AS YOU ARE SO INDOCTRINATED BY A CULT) TO DO SO WITH AN OPEN MIND : [/U][/B]

http://www.kheper.net/topics/gurus/sahaja-test.html

Please, get familiar with Yoga Darashana and Sahaja yoga. Then we can discuss seriously about yoga.
Try to find fault with the system, not with personality because you don?t have real evidence.

[QUOTE=Seeker33;57715]Please, get familiar with Yoga Darashana and Sahaja yoga. Then we can discuss seriously about yoga.
Try to find fault with the system, not with personality because you don?t have real evidence.[/QUOTE]

It is difficult to make some one understand that the lamp post in darkness is really not ghost, if he has already made up very clearly that it is a ghost and started getting delusional about it.

This is also true from his perspective that we don’t see ghost there and we are delusional to see a lamp post.

[B][I]
Only time and karma can teach.[/I][/B]

[QUOTE=Seeker33;57715]Please, get familiar with Yoga Darashana and Sahaja yoga. Then we can discuss seriously about yoga.
Try to find fault with the system, not with personality because you don’t have real evidence.[/QUOTE]

You are DELUDED! Ok the founder was a con artist and proven liar, who refused point blank to demonstrate her powers to critics under test conditions (because she knew fine well it was all faked and she couldn’t), she had a tiny following as most could see right through her and realise she was nuts. Forget all that as you said ‘‘not with personality’’

[U][I]The system [/I][/U] : the evidence cool breeze etc is nonsense and proves nothing! The cool breeze happens to everyone including people that have never heard of SY before, it is a perfectly natural NOT supernatural phenomena. All other evidence of instant spiritual enlightenment is nonsense too!

Sahaja Yoga tells people what they should experience and like the placebo effect people experience these things and interpret them as kundalini power and spiritual enlightenment, etc. Natural phenomena coupled with very naive and gullible people like yourself, and being told what it means and what you should experience = instant enlightenment, a cool breeze and kundalini rising.

ALL OTHER CULTS have similar things, in Scientology ‘highs’ or buzz from auditing convines them it is the truth, burning in the bosom when you pray in Mormonism, etc, etc.

Shri Mataji was absolute RUBBISH at Yoga a grossly obese woman who never got anywhere with physical yoga, she lived an extravagant lifestyle loved shopping and huge homes (funded by fools like yourself), she was rather ignorant on history and scriptures too. [B]No serious people in the Yoga world on here or anywhere else take her remotely seriously - why do you think that is??? [/B]

[QUOTE=Sahasrara;57717]It is difficult to make some one understand that the lamp post in darkness is really not ghost, if he has already made up very clearly that it is a ghost and started getting delusional about it.
This is also true from his perspective that we don’t see ghost there and we are delusional to see a lamp post.
[B][I]Only time and karma can teach.[/I][/B][/QUOTE]Yes, but now the time has come that Sahasrara/ Narrow gate/ is open and everybody can try to rise Kundalini.

[QUOTE=MindNinja;57721] [B]No serious people in the Yoga world on here or anywhere else take her remotely seriously - why do you think that is??? [/B][/QUOTE]I think that Claes Nobel is quite educated person.
Tribute to Shri Mataji by Claes Nobel
The purpose of Sahaja yoga is to awaken Atma within you by awakening of Kundalini.
Sahaja Yoga meditation - philosophy and teachings

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;56065]I have been involved in two of the cults mentioned above: Brahma Kumaris and Sahaja Yoga. I have had interaction with TM members too and attended a few Osho meets.

[B]Brahma Kumaris[/B]

I am very indebted to the BK’s because it was through the BK’s that I had my first spiritual experiences. At the time I got involved in this organization, I was a hardcore atheist and nihilist. Originally, I got involved in the BK’s to learn meditation and because I was directed there by family friends with the promise they will answer all my questions. When I got there the first thing I realised was that this was an outright lie, they do not let you ask questions, but instead ask you to surrender everything you know by visualizing putting all your knowledge inside a box and throwing the box away. Then they proceed to teach you spiritual philosophy and Raja yoga meditation for which you attend once or twice a week the residence of your local teacher for one to one tutorials and group courses, as well as occasional events.

At that time I was not very aware of Yoga, but I soon learned that what they were teaching me was hokey. The first dogma I spotted was when they were teaching me about their eschatology showing me the diagram of the tree with all the religious teachers Krishna, Buddha, Jesus, Mohammed, Guru Nanak, and their founder at the top. They claimed that their leader was the most complete teacher yet and revealed the full truth. When I attended a picnic, I met the teacher of another lodge who told me he burned his degrees when he became a BK teacher, and proceeded to tell me how the BK’s had the most complete knowledge by presenting me a dubious analogy of watching a play, some people have been watching the play longer and some have have just come in, the people who were there from the start have the most complete knowledge. I quickly realised this was dogma.

I soon became fed up of how ambigious their meditation technique was. I was told to simply “go up there” meaning to focus on my third eye, while they played a guided meditation tape recorded in a pretentious sounding voice sayomg “I am peace” I soon realised that nobody I met there seemed to radiate peace, in fact the sisters seemed very miserable. I also found the philosophy course juvernile, I was learning no philosophy, but being preached to and soon found my preacher was trying to control my life and if I asked too many questions, they would threaten abandoning me.

When I met one of their success stories a man who they said was a paranoid wreck and drug user in the past, but they transformed him, it was enough to drive me away. Indeed, now he was a manager at boots, but he sounded utterly brainwashed. He told me was celibate, he was learning Hindi because it was going to be the language of the world in the coming golden age, and the whole world will perish, except India. Nothing he said convinced me I was speaking to an independent person. He sounded like a robot.

The final nail in the coffin was when tedium set in with the group meetings. I realised there were people coming there for years to listen to the same damn lectures every week. They all had a very brainwashed quality about them. I asked them what was the need to repeat the same lectures every week, and they told me repetition was needed to install the teachings. But for years? I knew I was not going to develop with the BK’s, so I simply stopped going. Occasionally they invite myself and my family to events and we attend out of courtesy, but none of us go to their weekly classes.

Now, a lot more knowledgeable, I realis the BK’s were a highly dubious and watered down version of real Yoga. They did not teach Raja Yoga at all, but some new-age stuff that they called Raja Yoga. They falsely advertise that they teach Raja Yoga. They are relatively harmless though, the only flaws I could see was that they were naive and gullible and did false advertising, but I saw no evidence of foul play.

Sahaja Yoga

I was involved in Sahaja Yoga only very recently, about just over a year ago. Initially, every cult I have attended seemed positive, and my experience was the same with SY. I saw them conducting a public worshop at our local mall and was impressed with all the energy work they did. I liked the sound of a Yoga that do energy work. But within 2 weeks I realised it was too good to be true. I became acquainted with their pseudoscience of checking vibrations and soon realised they used this pseudoscience to push their organizational dogmas. Basically whatever they believed they said I could check by “checking the vibrations” while tacitly telling me not to question anything. I quickly clocked that they worshipped the founder as the divine mother, but I decided to overlook that so I can learn the energy work. When I did eventually, I realised what a pile of made up crock it was. It was based on very subtle sensations on your fingers, even something as basic as feeling an air current, and based on that a diagnosis was made of which chakras were acting up. If you could not feel the vibrations, that was fine, because they would confirm it for you(wink) But I made friends there now and we did things together, so I stayed for a while. But when they took me to a going deeper meeting and showed me a brainwashing video of their founder it repulsed me. I soon got in touch with them and told them I had ideological problems with their claims about their founder and told them I would be leaving. They responded, “That I would eventually find out their founder was really the divine mother, but I did not know it because I could not check the vibrations”

Needless to say, I left and so did 3 other people I introduced to it. I guess none of us were feeling the vibrations from her divine holiness ;)[/QUOTE]

Wow this is a really nice discussion. So much good information. Surya Deva, you have really walked a long path :slight_smile: I totally agree with you about Brahma Kumaris though on my experience I was surprised about how peaceful and kind the members seem to be. I did the 7 days course once in Mumbai and I really liked the teacher but there were things that didn’t sound right to me at all. So years later I decided to do the same course again in Brussels. Again the people were great but then I realized that they have no idea what yoga is. I think they have no harmful intentions at all but the “wisdom” that they teach, in my opinion is totally corrupted. Is like their guru took some information from yogic texts but misinterpreted everything. Well, is not like I know the Truth but everything that they teach contradict what great yogis teach like Ramakrishna, Vivekananda, Yogananda, Sivananda, Swami Rama and even the teachings of Rama and Krishna himself. To me their teachings are reliable sources and they don’t contradict each other.

They believe that their guru is the only enlightened being or incarnation of God, and no one else. Not Jesus or even Krishna. They believe we are not the mind or body but souls (nothing wrong with that) but they believe there is an specific number of souls which exist in a particular place in space and that God exist in an even far away place distance from earth. We can connect with his energy through meditation but that’s all. He will always remain an external being in a some place far away from earth.

I am a SRF member and have no problem with the organization at all, though I’m not involve in any group. I joined a small group once and assisted one retreat for the Kriya yoga initiation but that’s all. I’m sure there are some organizations issues cause it is run by “humans”, nothing wrong with that but I don’t think they are a cult or represent any harm for anybody. I know they are very conservative but I guess there was a reason why Yogananda set the organization the way he did, but that was long ago. Maybe they should try to adapt more to the modern times.

I’m glad I never got interested in TM, it all sounded suspicious to me and once I passed by the Osho Ashram in Pune. I never went inside, I just felt repelled by the energy of the place and by the look of the guy sitting at the entrance with his red rob, cool sunglasses and the I’m-cool-and-stunned attitude. Ok, but that was just my impression :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Seeker33;57782]Yes, but now the time has come that Sahasrara/ Narrow gate/ is open and everybody can try to rise Kundalini.[/QUOTE]

Did you try chanting “Hanuman Chalisa” 108 times in the morning and “Gayatri Mantra” 108 times in the evening for a month without a break? It will definitely raise your kundalini. You will be immersed in the eternal bliss and will never ever bother to think about “Adisakthi”, because you will become one with “Adisakthi”. The duality will not exist at all :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Sahasrara;57789]Did you try chanting “Hanuman Chalisa” 108 times in the morning and “Gayatri Mantra” 108 times in the evening for a month without a break? It will definitely raise your kundalini.[/QUOTE]Hanuman chalisa is not enough. [B]Only the Queen of Sahaharsa can do this.[/B]

[QUOTE=Seeker33;57820]Hanuman chalisa is not enough. [B]Only the Queen of Sahaharsa can do this.[/B]

Queen of Sahasrara is Gayatri and so you need to say Gayatri mantra also in the evening 108 times before sunset. Give up your SY intoxication and do this, don’t waste your time with SY for material benefits :slight_smile:

don’t waste your time with SY for material benefits

What you mean feeling a cool breeze over your head? :smiley:

I personally just open the window

[B]Some gems from Shri Mataji (sahaja Yoga founder) all direct quotes READ CAREFULLY ABOUT THE BIZAREE TEACHINGS & RITUALS : [/B]

‘‘50% of people still write to me I am still possessed. I have worked with lemons and chillies. I am coming to you for this and that. It is a very low grade business , I think even after so many years you are possessed , then I think you should beat yourself every day hundred and eight times.’’

‘‘Everybody must shoe beat every day , outside is best, but if done inside a certain protocol has to be followed, best to do it in the toilet or bathroom with a running tap and most importantly a window open. Put yourself in a bandhan first, then tie Kundalini up and bandhan again. Always say the Ganesha mantra first then ask Mother Earth to suck away the badhas of the shoe beat in the name of Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi. Then we start with our own name and bandhan it seven times. With the left shoe or slipper strike the area of the floor 108 times.’’

‘‘Name burning should be done in the toilet and not in front of Mother’s picture. Write out the name of of someone, something or someplace that needs clearing out . Draw a circle round it seven times and the whole piece of paper can be filled with different things. Bur nit and flush it down the toilet. Was the hands well afterwards.’’

‘‘Lemons and chillies absorb negativity. For a very effective clear out a technique that is nick nmamed the ‘atom bomb treatment’ is used. Prepare seven lemons as mentioned before and seven green chillies by pulling off the end attached to the tree and cutting a small cross in that end. Put them all in a small bowl, add a little bit of salt water to help the lemons absorb the negativity. Place under the bed or by the pillow for seven nights. After seven nights throw them in the river or sea without touching them.’’

[B]Sahaja Yoga people like Seeker33 here actually believe and do bizarre rituals like those above! They actually believe they can get possessed by demons unless they do their funny rituals, and believe if they leave the group they can get possessed by demons, this fear is very real to them. Seeker33 wonders why people regard Shri Mataji as a great big joke? What other well known Yoga branch does funny utterly bizarre rituals like that? It shows how naive and gullibe Sahaja Yoga people are to believe such nonsense works or is needed. [/B]

On Jesus :

‘‘Jesus Christ tried to awaken the Kundalini, but with great difficulty and could only give realisation to some 21 persons. But in Sahaja Yoga thousands have got realisation.’’

Anti Semitic :

‘‘The Jews demanded that the thief be released and Jesus Christ crucified. We know the state of these people today! The sin committed by them will not be washed away in many many life times. And even now these persons are enveloped in their ego.’’

[B]SHRI MATAJI WAS NUTS! :[/B]

[B][U]Sahaja Yoga Cult members like Seeker 33 on here become so dependent on Mataji’s teachings it leads to an inability to or unwillingness to act or think independently. Fear of demonic possession is very real to them, as is fear of losing vibrations. It also leads to obsessive behaviour centred around rituals talismans (e.g. bits of Mataji’s hair or the concotion poured on her feet during pujas). Devotees feel unable to function in normal life unless they have achieved a protective bandan or shield. Followers also fear dire consequences demonic possession or incurable illnesses if they leave. [/U][/B]

Seeker33 I feel genuine sorrow for you, you got mixed up in this cult and so indoctrinated in it, you are now unlikely to leave. If that is your view of the ultimate truth and spirituality , you are welcome to it! If you were not in Sahaja Yoga and had never heard of it before and someone showed you the above and all the evidence of crazy rituals & customs, would you ever join it? No way!!! Now you are so indoctrinated you see such bizarre rituals and beliefs as normal.

Those rituals are taken from Indian black magic practices. A lot of Hindu families have lemons and chillies tied above their doors or in their shops in India. It is rather disturbing SY yogis get taught black magic practices. Can you imagine if an SY member did not like you and then in their toilet was burning paper with your name on it? It is a proven fact in scientific experiments that intentions can be directed at somebody. To direct such negative intentions at people is harmful.

SY is not Yoga, it is a very dangerous cult where its members get taught black magic in the name of spirituality.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;57842]
SY is not Yoga, it is a very dangerous cult where its members get taught black magic in the name of spirituality.[/QUOTE]

Surya Deva, you are right! It is alarming people especially in the West (like Seeker 33) can get so indoctrinated they believe nonsense like that or think it is real spirituality and their movement is the only real truth out there. They really do believe if they leave the cult they will get demon possessed or incurable illnesses.

Credit to Shri Mataji she was nuts but you have to admire her ability to indoctrinate people (sane rational objective people before they joined the cult) so badly they would believe anything! Then spend the rest of their lives having to do bizarre rituals everyday. It also shows Shri Mataji pulled out all the stops to found a strong Cult, drawing from many things - black magic, Yoga, psychology, etc.

I think you can consider SY well and truly exposed on this forum. I don’t think you need to do anything more.

Seeker cannot be helped. There is no need trying.

From my perspective as an outsider and bystander when it comes to cults, the only thing exposed about SY is that the leader is overweighted. Which can easily be a health-issue, and not result of overeating. To call that gross and disgusting etc., bty is an insult to all who are overweighted. And after all, Mataji died at almost 90 years of age, who ain’t gaining weight in such an age must be blissed with corresponding genes.

Also I see a couple of people who try really hard to simply offend and insult a member of this movement. On the lowest level and as a group. “Hyeanas” was my spontanous association. Three or four people being mean as hell, quite hysterically actually, they’re even sardonic about that leader having died - disgusting. All through that, said member remains relatively calm and friendly.

The method of seeing a person as somewhat holy and a god and meditating on their image is, btw, a quite regular method in Yoga. Swami Narayananada explains it in his book that I love to mention: Secrets of Mind-Control. So after all, it’s not my cup of tea and I can understand if people are repulsed, but that doesn’t mean it’s not working.

Cust my two Jents. :lol: