Current Yogis with demonstrable siddhis

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;35284]This thread will combine some of the recent discussion on siddhis and samayama. The purpose is to find actual living Yogis today who have siddhis.

The following yogi has mastered the fire element. He is able to attain a state of perfect resonance(union) with the fire so that the fire cannot burn him(Patanjali describes this in the Yogasutras)

His other amazing feats include only eating 2 bananas and drinking a glass of milk and getting only 3 hours of sleep a day for the past several decades with only a few drops of water. He explains that he does not require energy from food and water, because he gets all the energy he needs from the prana in the cosmos.[/QUOTE]

Only in Moscow, Russia, there are hundreds of AUTOTROPHS, people who do
not eat. Many others are in other countries.

Namaste,

We essentially agree on the fire Yogi. This is not exactly supernatural, but it does display an ability for high tolerance of pain and the ability to not get burnt by fire after exposure to fire for a limited period.

We do not agree on Prahlad Jani though - the Yogi that does not eat or drink - because there have now two rigorous scientific experiments been done on him and they have shown that he does indeed not eat or drink. He has been scientifically examined by a team of scientists and doctors. The fact that the head of the research is a “deeply religious jain” makes absolutely no difference. Many scientists are “deeply religious” it does not mean we reject their research. This is certainly a fallacy.

I once managed to pick up a siddhi - it was a pain though. I could randomly hear things at a distance - only children’s and women voices - it would sound as if they were speaking straight into your ear. Gives you a bit of a fright ( as an electrician I could do without it - safety hazzard ) so stopped the practices at the time. I should have recorded my exercises at the time but wasn’t impressed with the results. I was trying an experiment to gain the flying siddhi - was running energy orbits at the time. I think I know what I was doing at the time so may try again just to log the information. Don’t just think you can do everything safely - there can be many negative energy side effects which can happen when playing around and some aren’t easy to get rid of and others could end up fatal. So be careful people - i have had enough problems of my own over the last 20 years.

That yogi lying in fire is hilarious. I prefer my burger king medium well, he’s a real char grilled whopper!

pls forgive me and feel free to carry on the convo about siddhis.

I got a real kick out of that thanks!

But how come his robes do not catch fire or disintigrate. The Siddhi is limited to the yogi’S body and not his robes! something’s amiss here…he might have applied some kind of fire retardent gel, etc.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;35307]I think Siddhis are really cool. I see no reason why we should not develop them. If one could have an IQ of 1000, a photographic memory, why on earth would they want to decline that?

It is up to the individual if they want to develop siddhis or if they want to dedicate their life to selfless sevice or to liberation.[/QUOTE]

Of course you wouldn’t decline special abilities like that, but the damage you would do to others would be immense. You probably already dream of using your siddhis, once you develop them, to control the world and force everyone to be Hindu!

Let’s hope that God has a better plan for you and rather than give you an IQ of a 1000, he will get rid of your arrogance instead, and sprinkle a bit of humility into your being. In relation to high IQs: They are highly over-rated. And as somebody who was blessed with a high IQ, you should most definitely not look down on others who have a lesser IQ. That puts you almost in the “evil” category already. If you could rule the world, would you just ‘get rid’ of the stupid ones? :eek:

I do not believe in using force on anybody. I am a strong believer in free will - free thinking, speech and action. The only times force becomes necessay is when one uses their free will to harm somebody else - such as slander, lies and insults, physical violence and hate and prejudice against people.

Even if I was omnipotent I would never deny somebody the right to free will.

No, Elizabeth, these are the arrows in our friend Surya’s quiver. The only one I haven’t personally witnessed is actual physical violence. These are his methods for trying to “get rid” of people. I think that places him squarely in the “evil” category.

Getting back to the original topic, if the “fire yogi” is what yoga is all about, then I would have to conclude that yoga is a waste of time.

The idea that anyone would believe in this kind of thing, even for a second, should tell us all what kind of crackpots we’re dealing with in SD & Nietzsche. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Indra Deva;47979]The idea that anyone would believe in this kind of thing, even for a second, should tell us all what kind of crackpots we’re dealing with in SD & Nietzsche. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Really, I’m in total agreement with SD on this…blimey… lol

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;35284]This thread will combine some of the recent discussion on siddhis and samayama. The purpose is to find actual living Yogis today who have siddhis.[/QUOTE]

Yogi Swami Maheshwarananda, founder of Yoga in Daily Life has a siddhi. Now, what are you going to do with this information?

Are you serious enough about your quest to actually find out for yourself and get proof? I don’t think you would (nor should you) believe my statement. You have to find out for yourself.

Having this siddhi, Swamiji has left a trail of broken people behind and is a perfect example of siddhi magic gone wrong. :evil:

Namaste elisabeth111

Get over it, or not. It must be exhausting for you to put so much energy into this thing. Maybe it’s time to let it go, maybe find something else to put your energy into. I feel you have taken up a worthy cause, but I get a negative vibe from your energy. Negative vibes are destructive, to you. You’ve performed this service long enough. Maybe you should find something more positive, i.e. that is less destructive to you.

I’m really being presumptuous here, but I have no association with the evil swami. I recall that I visited your website a long time ago, so I kind of know what you’re about, and I just think that, for your own sake, enough is enough.

[B]Asuri,[/B] my last statment was directed at Surya Deva.

And don’t worry about my energy level, I got heaps, and if you think I’ve got negative energy I can assure you I can’t send it your way. I don’t have siddhis. So you are quite safe. :cool:

[QUOTE=Asuri;47946]No, Elizabeth, these are the arrows in our friend Surya’s quiver. The only one I haven’t personally witnessed is actual physical violence. These are his methods for trying to “get rid” of people. I think that places him squarely in the “evil” category.[/QUOTE]

You say this, and yet you are the one that is constantly slandering and insulting me. Whenever you refer to me you bastardize my name by writing “Surya Diva” instead of “Surya Deva” I can do the same and write ass-ur-i, but I have more maturity and sense than that.

I do not attack people. I attack concepts. I am very consistent on that. Just as you are consistent in attacking people :smiley:

Dude, your main problem is you think other people are stupid, that they will believe your twisted logic and lies. You’re only fooling yourself.