Dearth of Early/Late Yoga Classes

Anybody else notice a dearth of early morning and late evening yoga classes around New Haven, CT? I’d like to be in the office by 7:30, and can’t say I’ll leave before 9. There are a lot of yuppies at demanding jobs. It would be nice to unwind, but it doesn’t seem like yoga in this area has become popular enough. 'Tis a shame… Maybe one day soon I’ll start yoga studios that have much longer hours. I mean, people that work odd or long hours don’t have a normal schedule, which is stressful, so yoga to us would be so great. And then we’d need showers, a shop in case you forget things (with Dr. Bronner’s peppermint, duh), and a caf? that really scrutinizes its ingredients. And maybe a swimming pool, because swimming is a cardiovascular activity that, unlike running and biking, is full body and doesn’t result in knee surgery. Well. I guess work isn’t so busy. I really did digress.

We open at 7 and the last class of the day is typically at 7:30. Ergo we’re open 12+ hours a day. However we couldn’t be farther from New Haven unless we relocated to Juneau:-)

I’m starting my day tomorrow at 530am Hot Yoga, but we are in NY. Our last class of the day is 730pm as well.

People who work in an office from 7:30 am to 9 pm must surely take some time out for a decent lunch break?

You could maybe find a local lunchtime class, or you and your pals could probably find a freelance teacher at that time who might even be prepared to come into your office to teach - better than going to the deli to stuff calories?

Nope, Swaroopa, we work right through most of the time, lunch is usually taken to the desk, I am taking a break from taxes at the moment. And in a few years when some other elite college graduates take my position, I will work only 60 hours a week. Looks like I’ll have to start my own studio once I get the cash to squander. It’s going to be awesome. I’m pretty excited. I’m going to bring yoga to the overworked masses. I actually got a schedule together. And the studio is going to be great. Here it is:

Schedule:
5:40-6:35, 6:43-7:38, 7:46-8:41, 8:49-10:14, 10:22-11:17 || 11:25-12:20, 12:28-1:23, 1:31-2:26, 2:34-3:59, 4:07-5:17 || 5:25-6:35, 6:43-7:53, 8:01-9:11, 9:19-10:29

Each teacher gets a section (denoted by ‘||’) and the associated revenue! They choose their class temperature and style, so long as it flows well. I’m considering adding in another two bookend classes, for people with really odd schedules. I’d even do a 24 hour studio, but I’m not sure I’ll last long enough at my current job to amass the necessary wealth to nurse such an aggressively scheduled enterprise to going concern prosperity.

One day, the studio will be raised amongst trees that are seen through glass walls. Automatic motors would place two additional panes in the cold. The middle pane will have a grid heating element, so as to warm the two spaces between the three panes, since air is a good insulator and electric heat is cheaper. No mirrors. Using the wall for hand-stands would not be allowed. Committed students will learn handstands in time. Others should not be pushed into handstands, nor do they want to be, and it’s annoying when teachers break the flow for a few minutes so the class can hop up and down attempting to miraculously fumble into a handstand. Beneath the studio will be the changing/waiting areas, showers/restrooms, a store and a very healthy caf? with well-written books open 5-11:15. Classes will be videotaped for free download to any student who attended that class, so they can review their work. All transactions can be done on account - I find people most trustworthy and free-riders quickly identifiable. I’ll have to compute an algorithm for membership structures, in case people can only come at certain times. This is going to be a big undertaking. Again, I’m excited. I just need to move into high finance so I can fund all this.

Have great friends from New Haven! ( I live in NYC, btw)

I’ve been checking my social networking sites
lately and I noticed that there’s this
Yoga studio they’re frequently going that’s
open at 5:30 am every Mondays, Wednesdays
and Fridays. You can check out Google or Yelp
for that (I forgot the name)

cheers,
Sexy Yogi

I haven’t found the money yet.

Any help, folks?

you can learn yoga anytime anywhere we are at Arhanta yoga offers yoga teacher training program online at an affordable price.

Arhanta Yoga® is an international yoga school with yoga ashrams in India and the Netherlands. We help people to become confident and certified yoga teachers with our internationally accredited professional yoga teacher training courses. Our courses are based on our years of teaching experience. Since 2009, 6000+ yoga teachers have been certified from Arhanta Yoga ashrams.

Our accreditations

Arhanta Yoga Ashrams are Registered Yoga School (RYS) with Yoga Alliance, International Yoga Federation, International Yoga Association and The CRKBO (The Netherlands).