Deepening knowledge for teachers

Hello everyone,

I have completed a 200hrs Teacher Training last Summer in Rishikesh at the Association for Yoga and Meditation India with Yogi Chetan Mahesh. Initially I wanted to do he Shivananda or Arhanta TTC but they had already been fully booked. Even though I do think I learned a lot, I was not satisfied with the training I did since it was less complete and professional than the others… So now I am looking for an advanced teacher’s training or a series of workshops to deepen my knowledge, practice and teaching capacities in an holistic approach.

Is there anything you know of or, if not, do you know anyone who could help me?

Thank you!

I’m writing because I have been suffering from severe injury since my visit to Mahesh and indianyogaassociation Rishikesh. I haven’t been able to sleep, sit down and no yoga in 10 months. I am very sad about this as I have not been able to teach at all. I can’t dance or work at all for 10 months. I have been learnng much about my herniated disc problem and I wanted to tell you.

I think I had a small back injury when I came to study on your course. Also carrying my heavy bags and travel didn’t help me. But I think that it was paschimottanasana all versions in Astanga yoga which did much damage to my back. My herniated disc happened from this I think. Please Mahesh please warn students to be very careful when they do this especially if they have any current back pain.
After your massage I feel very good but Mahesh this is not yogic way give massage to students

I’m writing not to blame you but to help other yoga students stay healthy [:)] and not have to suffer so much pain as I have had to.
I heard about Rishikeshyogpeeth you can try this.
Marya

Marya ji Nameste!

we would like you to contact to our office if you have suffered and yoga school will take responsibility. we have system at our application form in which we take record of past and present illness of the applicant and based on it we select our participant we does not have such an applicant 10 months before who have back injury and allowed for ashtanga vinyasa series, if you truly exist contact us.

The posts of Fanti And Marya are inappropriate, intentional and against the fact or truth. read what our student write about us on blog http://indianyogaassociation.wordpress.com/

The syllabus of Association for Yoga and Meditation for 200 hrs of teachers training is made by a team of National and International Yoga Masters and approved by Yoga Alliance USA and International Yoga Federation.

Our classes are mixed level in which there is freedom for every level of student to progress according to their flow and flexibility and they can choose multi-style or single style of yoga.

Hay Mahesy I don’t no who is Fanti.But i found your link is total fake and stolen from another website.You are talking about your yoga school will take responsibility for my back pain.But how can you recover my pain what I already suffered.Fake is not long lasting Mahesh. I found your website indianyogaassociation is total fake and confuse to students.

If you are real, gave your identity here to every one and we can show you what we can do. we know definitively you not belong to our school so you can say whatever. If you are sincere you have come for remedy. fake sees the fake!

good luck !

[QUOTE=Fanti;71495]Hello everyone,

I have completed a 200hr Teacher Training last Summer in Rishikesh at the Association for Yoga and Meditation India with Yogi Chetan Mahesh. Initially I wanted to do the Shivananda or Arhanta TTC but they had already been fully booked. Even though I do think I learned a lot, I was not satisfied with the training I did since it was less complete and professional than the others… So now I am looking for an advanced teacher’s training or a series of workshops to deepen my knowledge, practice and teaching capacities in an holistic approach.

Is there anything you know of or, if not, do you know anyone who could help me?

Thank you![/QUOTE]

Fanti - It’s wonderful that you seek to deepen your knowledge as a yoga instructor. Below are a few thoughts about what you can do to enhance your knowledge, as well as my humble thoughts on teaching in general.

[ul]
[li]LeeLa Mata offers a 500 hour teacher training program and you can transfer in from another program. I think the cost is $3K. It is a traditional ashram like experience so you may not get the ‘professional’ aspects of some westernized programs. Personally I feel a student is better served by the traditional programs as it helps them better understand and connect with the roots of yoga. The rest of the stuff can be easily learned on your own imho
[/li]
[li]Attend yoga classes all over town. Notice what you like and don’t like about the teachings and studio environments you visit.
[/li][li]Rent videos and study the teaching styles and alignment cues offered
[/li][li]Subscribe to yoga international and other less mainstream yoga magazines
[/li][li]Try taking some online yoga workshops. I did a Chakra writing workshop with Holly Vanedivi Troy and benefited tremendously. In another month or so I’ll be offering free and paid online workshops at my website HathaYoga.net.
[/li][li]Get some good yoga books and study them seriously
[/li][li]And to me, the best knowledge comes from doing. Teach more and practice on your own more.
[/li][li]I believe that great teaching is something you are born with - it’s an instinct - a drive to love and give to others. That can not be taught - it’s already in you.
[/li][/ul]

Thanks a lot YogiMoni!

[QUOTE=YogiMoni;72130]Fanti - It’s wonderful that you seek to deepen your knowledge as a yoga instructor. Below are a few thoughts about what you can do to enhance your knowledge, as well as my humble thoughts on teaching in general.

[ul]
[li]LeeLa Mata offers a 500 hour teacher training program and you can transfer in from another program. I think the cost is $3K. It is a traditional ashram like experience so you may not get the ‘professional’ aspects of some westernized programs. Personally I feel a student is better served by the traditional programs as it helps them better understand and connect with the roots of yoga. The rest of the stuff can be easily learned on your own imho
[/li]
[li]Attend yoga classes all over town. Notice what you like and don’t like about the teachings and studio environments you visit.
[/li][li]Rent videos and study the teaching styles and alignment cues offered
[/li][li]Subscribe to yoga international and other less mainstream yoga magazines
[/li][li]Try taking some online yoga workshops. I did a Chakra writing workshop with Holly Vanedivi Troy and benefited tremendously. In another month or so I’ll be offering free and paid online workshops at my website HathaYoga.net.
[/li][li]Get some good yoga books and study them seriously
[/li][li]And to me, the best knowledge comes from doing. Teach more and practice on your own more.
[/li][li]I believe that great teaching is something you are born with - it’s an instinct - a drive to love and give to others. That can not be taught - it’s already in you.
[/li][/ul][/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I am not from the states and so the leelamata ashram would not be an option. Do you know of anything in Europe or India?

Contact Leela. I know she goes to Germany alot - she might have something there.

[QUOTE=Marya;72114]Hay Mahesy I don’t no who is Fanti.But i found your link is total fake and stolen from another website.You are talking about your yoga school will take responsibility for my back pain.But how can you recover my pain what I already suffered.Fake is not long lasting Mahesh. I found your website indianyogaassociation is total fake and confuse to students.[/QUOTE]

I am sorry Marya but Rishikeshyogapeeth look like fake.
Dhiraj (Active Link) put one photo in Multistyle -Yoga Teacher Training in India thread. In this photo there are 41 students are shown, on this he wrote "Couple of beautiful people are missing in this pic"
Even if we add couple of people then the total will only 43.But Rishikeshyogpeeth website has shown that there are 50 student always, as they show that all is book in their website.
I must say that the reality which is that Active link(Dhiraj) and Roshan(receptionist at shiva resort in 2007, and now head teacher of Rishikeshyogpeeth) always cheat people from west with lie and dishonesty and false information.
Friends don?t even think to go there. This is not a place to learn yoga, they are very commercial and money minded.
My suggestion for yoga lovers please never deposit your money in advance for ttc. You can easily find lot of high professional courses in less price in Rishikesk.

[QUOTE=Rescel;73108]In this photo there are 41 students are shown, on this he wrote "Couple of beautiful people are missing in this pic"
Even if we add couple of people then the total will only 43.[/QUOTE]
Count it again - it’s 40 only not 41. Anyway, good effort. Thank you.

[QUOTE=YogiMoni;72130]Fanti - It’s wonderful that you seek to deepen your knowledge

[ul]
[li]LeeLa Mata offers a 500 hour teacher training program
[/li][/ul][/QUOTE]

Thank you YogiMoni for inform about Leela Mata school.