Do you need a good Yogic laugh? Check out these links!

Online books vidoes music for meditation yoga

Reversal of stress through meditation(English: 1hr lecture by Dr. Pranav Pandya)
Reversal of Stress Through Meditation- A lecture in English by Dr. Paranv Pandya - Google Video

There are also around 13 lectures in Hindi on " Dhyan" on Google video by Dr. Pranav Pandya.
pranav dhyan - Google Video

MP3 mantras ( Omkar, Gayatri Mantra, Mahamrutunjaya mantra for meditation)
AWGP - AudioMantras

MP3 NadYog Music for meditation ( music starts after 2 min)
http://www.awgp.org/audio/dhyan/dhyan_evening_naadyog.mp3
Online books ( Extrasensory potentials of mind, Eternity of Sound and Science of Mantra and many more)
AWGP - LiteratureEnglish

Meditation videos by Sri Sri Ravishankerji ( Art of Living): meditation sri sri ravi - Google Video

Online lectures and books ( Hindi and English) by Osho: Osho World: Vision of an Enlightened Master, Welcome to Spiritual world of Rajmittal

Online MP3 Gita lectures in English by Swami Tadatmnanda: www.arshabodha.org ( in Teachings section)

Online spiritual articles and lectures in English by Swami Dayananda and others: AVG Satsangs

Autobiogrpahy of a Yogi by Parmhansa yogananda:
Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda - Project Gutenberg

Please pass on this information to anyone who may be interested. Also, please let me know if you know if a good source of online spiritual material…

Logan,

The above reccomendations are right on, and I can say that I personally did not really like the Ana Brett videos you mention at all. This is of course IMHO, but that is a very narrow part of the yoga spectrum, and to be honest, I found that Ana Brett’s videos verge on erotica. I know that kundalini yoga includes moving energy around the body including to the root chakra but if you watch the DVDs you will see what I mean. It is not the words, it’s the music as the saying goes.

As far as specific recommendations go, I really like the Eoin Finn videos mentioned above, as well as Bryan Kest’s series if you want a hard power class.

I personally have really hooked in with streaming yoga classes online, and while you can find a few on Youtube etc… they are really short clips due to Youtube’s new 10 minute time limit. The site I found is YogaUniverse.com and as of a few months ago they offer a 2 week free trial to see if it works for you. AS

Logan,

The above reccomendations are right on, and I can say that I personally did not really like the Ana Brett videos you mention at all. This is of course IMHO, but that is a very narrow part of the yoga spectrum, and to be honest, I found that Ana Brett’s videos verge on erotica. That may just be my hangup and I know that kundalini yoga includes moving energy around the body including to the root chakra but if you watch the DVDs you will see what I mean. :eek: It is not the words, it’s the music as the saying goes.

As far as specific recommendations go, I really like the Eoin Finn videos mentioned above, as well as Bryan Kest’s series if you want a hard power class. I find that all to many of these DVDs have the old “disembodied voice” over a bunch of people just doing the class. I much prefer a more “studio” experience with the instructor speaking directly to you the viewer and demonstrating themselves the common corrections to help overcome the lack of a hands-on ability.

I personally have really hooked in with streaming yoga classes online, and while you can find a few on Youtube etc… they are really short clips due to Youtube’s new 10 minute time limit. The site I found is YogaUniverse.com and as of a few months ago they offer a 2 week free trial to see if it works for you. I found them to offer a good and broad range of classes, beginner-advanced, and most importantly produced with the student’s experience in mind. As the IA mentioned above, your library can also offer you this “try before you buy” option, IF and that is a big IF, they have a good selection.

Hope that helps. :smiley:
Jeff

Chimpzoo,

You really do need to make sure it is a true ?beginner? class that you are getting or else you will get lost in the faster sequences and not be able to keep your form. Also I say find a DVD from a ?reputable? (whatever that is) instructor and not just a TV personality who has decided to do a yoga DVD. The problem many people have is there are just not that many GOOD DVDs OUT THERE! (Sorry for the caps but I feel strongly on this point!) Many have styles or intensities that are not as advertized and also my big pet peeve which is just a bunch of attractive models in matching outfits with a disembodied voiceover. I much prefer a direct ?studio? style class with the instructor speaking directly to you and showing you common corrections themselves, which helps overcome the lack of 2 way communication. Often, you don?t find out these details until you plunk down your hard earned dollars.
I say try these two options.

[B]Go to your library[/B] and see if they have any decent looking DVDs, (gotta be a good library!) personally like Eoin Finn and Bryan Kest but they are more hard ?power? class oriented.

[B]Try some classes online[/B], I personally have really hooked in with www.yogauniverse.com which offers a wide range of ?studio? style classes from beginner to advanced and you can watch them whenever you want. They also have posture tutorials which are slow paced and allow you to figure out what goes where without being rushed on to the next posture. The price is right too, not sure if this is still the case but as of a few months ago they offered a free 2 week trial so you can see if you like the style. Check it out. :smiley:

Good luck in your search!

Jeff

Thanks for all of those links! I am always looking for good DVD and online resources!

I would add that you can search YouTube and the like if you have a lot of time :smiley: and every so often find a gem.

I do online Breathwork and Medidation as well as a full yoga practice at YogaUniverse.com which had a 2 week free trial when I signed up. :wink:

Keep those good links coming!

Jeff

I have found that this is a particularly good place to start Osho World: Vision of an Enlightened Master [Meditation Discourses and books]

A friend sent me these recently and they are hilarious if you don’t take your life and practice to seriously!

On Youtube this video captures “that guy” that we have all met if we spend enough time in the studio!
YouTube - The Inappropriate Yoga Guy

Also, there is some similarly funny writing on Guru YogaDawg - Yoga Guide - Yoga Introduction which seems to be promoting an e-book, but the free samples are well worth a look!

Enjoy!:smiley: LOL