Do you practice Yoga and Mindfulness for health and wellbeing?

Hi everyone,

My name is Miho and I am a Registered Dietitian and Mindful Eating coach.

with the start of 2018, many of you might have set New Years resolution.
I am wondering if any of you committed practicing yoga and meditation for 2018?

I want to know why you chose yoga/meditation? rather than going to gym.

What are some of the goals you are trying to achieve through practicing yoga and meditation?

I wanted to know your motivation.
I have a private practice in holistic nutrition and mindful eating for weight loss, disease prevention, and wellbeing. ZEN Integrative Nutrition & Health
I value the importance of healthy mind for healthy body, I recently got into practicing yoga. and I am seeing some great benefit for both my physical and mental being!
I’d like to hear your insights.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I practice meditation, mindfulness and yoga daily too.
It brings me balance, a quiet mind and more grounding. I used to have mental health problems when I was young (anxiety, depression) and meditating really changed my life! It taught me how to still my mind, choose better thoughts and stop thinking all together.
It’s been 15 years I’m practicing and wouldn’t do it differently.
I also help other people now with it as I wrote a few books about the mind and teach meditation and health retreats in Australia with Awaken Meditation Retreats
I think the more we practice the better our health and happiness, and the more people we teach the better the world will be!

Great! Thanks Kay for your insight.

Definitely, meditation and mindfulness has helped me with my relationship with food.
I used to be very obsessed about my body image and weight, and what I eat. But I rarely get anxious about my body or even think of getting on a diet!

Yoga is something that I recently started to practice. I visited Rishikesh in India last month and had a great yoga teacher there. I’m back in US but I keep practicing yoga!

Thanks Uttam,

I had a great time learning yoga for the first time in Rishikesh, India. they have a slightly different approach than the yoga instructors in US. They were very philosophical and taking yoga as a lifestyle, not just a workout.

Definitely, I can see the benefit of practicing yoga and clearing our minds.
I’d love to continue working on my yoga practices. Would love to learn more about their philosophy as well!

Why must it be a choice, why can’t I do both yoga and go to the gym

I do practice Yoga and Mindfulness for health and wellbeing. I believe that yoga and mindfulness can help me to be more aware of my body, emotions and mind, which can help me to make better decisions in my life.

Yoga is a physical exercise that helps you to balance your body, mind and spirit. By doing yoga regularly you will feel more relaxed, energized and happier. Mindfulness is the process of being fully aware of what is happening in the present moment. It helps you to become more aware of yourself by focusing on the present moment without judgment or criticism.

I am always trying to improve myself in every aspect of my life. I try to be mindful of the things around me so that I can learn from them or avoid them if needed.

I also practice meditation daily which helps me to calm down when I need some rest or just relax from everyday stresses in life.

Hello, guys!

I have been doing yoga for 10 years, and now I have created my own YouTube channel where I upload music for yoga to which I do.
Sharing music with you

Support by subscribing if you can, friends!

Good luck to all!

Yes, I practice yoga and mindfulness for health and wellbeing.

I have been practicing yoga for a while now and I can say that it has helped me a lot in my life. It has helped me relax my mind, body and soul. Yoga is a great way to relax and unwind from the stress of everyday life.

Mindfulness is another thing that I practice on a regular basis. Mindfulness helps you focus on just being in the moment instead of worrying about the past or future. It helps you to be more aware of your thoughts, feelings and actions in order to improve them.

Yoga and mindfulness are two of my favorite things to do because they help me feel better about myself each day by helping me stay healthy physically, mentally and spiritually