Do you think Mudras work?

Do you have any experience with mudras? I assume that they might work…

I have a lot of info on that.

Just want to hear some personal experiences…

Thank you

I didn`t feel some mystical effects of mudras, they just help me a little to concentrate.

I posted a few times about a close relative of mine, healed by a mudra. She had bad back pain for years. A Rishi visiting Canada taught her a position, basically in lotus with the thumbs up. She was healed in a few weeks…and the back pain never came back.

Hi CM,

I have helped one of my yoginis to bring her high blood pressure under control with Apan Vayu Mudra. The key is you cannot just perform a mudra in isolation and think it will work, mudras is always used in conjunction with other practices such as asana, correct living etc. So it works in my books. Also, when you perform Tantra Yoga (and I am not talking about sexual tantra, I am refering here to the magic part of Tantra) then mudras play an important role and their power become very evident.

I guess it all depends on your experience with mudras.

Mudras do work.

Mudras are basically closed energy circuits.

Eg fingers have nerve terminals of the endocrine glands. When the fingers touch,
endocrine glands are somehow placed in contact. This is at the physical level.

Mudras are closed energy circuits at the prana (astral) level. That you cannot yet explain by way of science.

It is also believed that mudras are gestures that help focusing subtler energy. What is that subtler energy ? Nobody knows. To speak scientifically, 90 % of the matter and energy are black matter and black energy. However, science itself says it has no clues what they are.

http://www.mudravigyan.com/Mudra.html

Hello Folks,

You will find a lot of flowery, magical stuff written about mudra, which are all mostly true, on very subjective levels, however I think it’s possible to explain them more simply?

Mudra is basically any isometric connection that directs force (compression, stretching, shearing, torquing) across any division of the body. Some have more special functions and are given names, and others are more mundane. They can be as light as the touch of a finger, or something you do with greater force. Sometimes they are bilateral, sometimes asymmetrical. In either case, they are for balance, support, orientation, strengthening, etc: clasping your hands behind your back and straightening your elbows, for example, to release tension, is mudra.When we see a speed skater bracing his lower back against the swing of his opposing arm, that is also mudra but with a very different dynamic. Or, when you do half-spinal twist, when you cross one elbow over the opposing knee to lock it up, that is also mudra: connecting opposing force across the sagittal plane. The same is true of finger mudras, only on subtler level.

peace and love,
siva

[QUOTE=oak333;42322]I posted a few times about a close relative of mine, healed by a mudra. She had bad back pain for years. A Rishi visiting Canada taught her a position, basically in lotus with the thumbs up. She was healed in a few weeks…and the back pain never came back.[/QUOTE

was this mudra practice combines with some other asana except lotus?

[QUOTE=Pandara;42327]Hi CM,

I have helped one of my yoginis to bring her high blood pressure under control with Apan Vayu Mudra. The key is you cannot just perform a mudra in isolation and think it will work, mudras is always used in conjunction with other practices such as asana, correct living etc. .[/QUOTE]

Thats the thing… also add to your asanas, meditation, relaxation, good thoughts and healthy leaving 5c coin in your shoe and one can say that the coin is healing too:P

Beginner or non-believer can try the following for immediate effects. Mudras do help in spiritual practice, but naturally effects take much longer to pronounce. I regularly use these two.

Apana Mudra (Mudra of Digestion):Method:

The tips of middle finger and ring finger touch the tip of thumb while the other two fingers are stretched out.

Specialty:

It plays an important role in our health as it regulates the excretory system.

Time/Duration:

Practice it daily for 45 minutes, but practice for a longer time yields more benefits.

Benefits:

It regulates diabetes.
It cures constipation and piles.
It helps excreting the normal waste regularly.

Apana Vayu Mudra (Mudra of Heart):Method:

The tips of middle finger and ring finger touch the tip of thumb, while the index finger touches the base of thumb and the little finger is stretched out.

Specialty:

It benefits the heart. It works like an injection in reducing heart attack. It is as powerful as sorbitrate tablet. It reduces gas content in the body.

Time/Duration:

Practice it as many times as you can. Heart patients and BP patients can practice it for 15 minutes twice daily for better results.

Benefits:

It strengthens the heart and regularizes palpitation.
It regulates excretory system.
It redeems gastric trouble.

(Ref: Website of Divine Wellness personalized)

[QUOTE=CityMonk;42374][QUOTE=oak333;42322]I posted a few times about a close relative of mine, healed by a mudra. She had bad back pain for years. A Rishi visiting Canada taught her a position, basically in lotus with the thumbs up. She was healed in a few weeks…and the back pain never came back.[/QUOTE

was this mudra practice combines with some other asana except lotus?[/QUOTE]

This mudra was combined with other two mudras, also sitting in lotus but with different finger positions:thumbs oriented externally (thumbs diverging from each other) and thumbs oriented internally (towards each other).

My relative practiced asanas anyway, before learning these mudras.

Well, some mudras a re very hard to hold… some people are not able to twist their fingers that way.

The term “mudra” is derived from the Sanskrit word meaning “gesture.” Mudras are a subtle science of arranging our body with specific hand gestures and positions that act as “interlocks” to flow energy and reflexes to the brain.**
Yoga mudras are specifically used to aid in the healing and wellbeing of our body by focusing energy on different parts of the body. Mudras have the potential to alter the physical, mental, and spiritual characteristics of a person.

I found this wonderful article about the science of yoga mudra and its benefits

well thought & said... ecsactly? and those elements arrange an energetic position which correlates with certain states of union with sheeva source etc..

vishnu i am here now

haha... so the word vishnu is allowed but the word sh i va is not allowed. sh i va probaly turning over in his cosmic grave