Does anybody use Yoga mat towel?

Hi everybody,
First please note, this not a marketing message whatsoever!
I saw that there are towels that you can put on your mat to avoid slipping.
I am thinking of selling some on my business. But I need a feedback from people that actually tried them. There are different materials, which one is the best for you polyester, microfiber? Any other feedback or anything you prefer in this kinda towel?

big thank you!
Alex.

Ive never slipped on a mat and i sweat easily. I guess there is bad mats so you need a towel?

But if i didnt had my own mat it would be a good idea to cover it with a towel. As many yogaplaces dont wash them on a day to day basis.

And if you are thinking to sell them in your business, why dont you ask your customer if they need it?

Namaste, Yoga towels are used over mats in my local hot yoga studio. I am using a bath towel over my yoga mat as I haven’t got around to buying one yet. The ones I have seen have little rubber grips on them and are the size of a yoga mat. A towel is essential if one is practising in a hot studio.

Good luck with your venture! :stuck_out_tongue:

We are just recently decided moving into fitness/healthy life style products. And it’s an online business so we don’t have relevant customers I can ask.
I did some research and decided to bring them. We’ll see how it goes.
Thanks for the answers!

Good luck, i hope it goes well for you.

I actually need to invest in one. My first time in a Yoga class… I didn’t know any better… I only brought my mat. But the place is full time hot, so I was in for a surprise. Slip & Slide! Since then, I’ve used beach towels and occasionally bath towels…depending on what I have available, but beach towels are longer. At first, just kept it on the side to wipe my hands off, then discovered it’s much better over the mat itself. Eventually will get a full length Yoga towel. Can’t help you on the material, but will keep an eye on this thread since I am interested in what you find out… maybe it will help me in my personal investment. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Hallelujah;76985]I actually need to invest in one. My first time in a Yoga class… I didn’t know any better… I only brought my mat. But the place is full time hot, so I was in for a surprise. Slip & Slide! Since then, I’ve used beach towels and occasionally bath towels…depending on what I have available, but beach towels are longer. At first, just kept it on the side to wipe my hands off, then discovered it’s much better over the mat itself. Eventually will get a full length Yoga towel. Can’t help you on the material, but will keep an eye on this thread since I am interested in what you find out… maybe it will help me in my personal investment. :)[/QUOTE]
Hi and thank you for your feedback.
This is exactly why the yoga mat towels are used.
Regular towels are made of regular material. These yoga mat towels are fitted to standard mat sizes.They are made of microfiber(composition is 80% polyester, 20% Polyamid). So it gives you a better absorption.
They also have special dots and that supposed to give you an improved gripping.
I actually brought some after all.

Is it hot yoga or just bad ventilation where you guys practice?

Cotton Yoga mats have been around for years and are used for this very purpose. They’re called durries and are good over the top of a sticky mat. Check out Shiva’s Mat.

… an interstellar hitchhiker can have.

and I have a number of non-slip towels. I love them!

I use the bubble bottom ones a lot.

I use a small one for yoga and weight training to discern which side touched the common bench, or floor.

I keep a non-bubble one in my jeep to use as a back up for yoga anywhere.

I will not use common mats ever! So if I can’t always bring a mat I bring a large light weight towel. I keep a non-bubble one in my jeep that can sub as a meditation shawl, blanket, or emergency signaling device.

…any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, [B]and still knows where his towel is[/B] is clearly a man to be reckoned with."Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Oh funny towel story.

I was setting up to sub-teach a hot yoga class at a new studio when I noticed one of the practitioners with her back towards me kneeling at her mat her head swaying back and forth as she moved backwards along the length of her mat.

I considered perhaps some manner of prayer or pre-yoga ritual?

Then she reached for her water bottle sipped and returned to spit-spray a stream of water over the length of her towel, :eek: apparently to fast track it to a non-slip status.

Okay then, well they sure can be slippery at the start of the class. :rolleyes:

Most people that do hot yoga long enough usually end up using a yoga towel on top of their regular matt, the towels are designed with a rubbery sticky surface facing down to be in contact with the regular under matt which helps keep the matts from separating each other, the top surface of the towel is usually a cottony absorbing material that is sprayed with water prior to starting the practice otherwise you’ll slip on the dry cottony surface. Anyone who has improvised a beach towel for a yoga matt learns this trick quickly; a damp towel is less slippery.

Yes, I like the Gaiam towels!