Does Ashwini mudra create excess heat in the body? What is the correct way to do it

Few days ago I’ve read an article on Ashwini mudra and it’s benefits and on how to do it, I did a google search. I’ve come across many posts on how to do it and it was a little confusing when it comes to number of cycles one has to do so I was a little skeptical about it. Nonetheless I tried to give it a try but then I landed in a page in this forum where someone started a thread on how he is a victim of ashwini mudra. Well as a practitioner, I do yoga at least 5 days a week along with some simple pranayamas. Since I stay outside of India and in a country where there are hardly any gurus, I am not sure on what is the correct way of doing this mudra and does it really generate excess heat in the body and are there any particular side effects of doing this mudra? Can you please take some time out and give your valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
KC.

1 Like

Hi chaitu, welcome to the forum :blossom:

If you do a search on this forum for Ashwini Mudra you will find many posts about this subject. Take a look around and see if you find your question answered in one of these other topics.

Here is a place to start.
How many cycles of ashwini mudra?