Does YOGA benefit the FACE?

I know some of you might think that it is totally irrelevant to start a thread titled as this in GYDiscussion but i didnt really have a clue where to head and instead ended up here.
To begin with, i ve been practicing yoga for the past couple of months and frankly i see a lot of benefits: flexibility, calmness, strength gain and etc. but what i wanna emphasize here is whether yoga could increase firmness on the face? giving it more of a rejuvenated look, fresher one. cos i m sure there are days that completely drain you out and you wind up looking haggard and hollow-faced and if it happens on a frequent basis it might give you premature aging looks on the face
some of you might offer a FACE YOGA practice but i ve been warned many times about its drawbacks so i really would like to learn if the ACTUAL yoga can really benefit FACE as well as it does to a body/soul.(as i ve been researching a lot online about it and dont seem to find apt info concerning face)

holler at me guys in case you got something useful to say about it.

I do not know of any specific yoga for the face but having a regular physical yoga practice along with some kind of meditation or relaxation practice and a healthy clean diet will improve the look of the face.

The physical exercise will improve your circulation and blood pressure to whole body including the face helping the skin to look better, meditation and relaxation will help to reduce stress and bring calmness of mind…so you will frown and scowl less…a healthy diet will also help your skin to look good.

Yes, sitkari pranayama and kapalbhati pranayama much improve your face.

thank you guys, i ll consider what you advised me

We teach a complete jaw series as well as a workshop for the eyes. These things are not typically a part of the daily in-class sequencing. However once learned it is completely appropriate for the student to do these things in their home practice as a daily preventive or maintenance.

When a yoga practice is robust the student is taught how to manage their nutrition in such a way as to maintain or keep up their physical body including the flesh and the smaller muscles. A person who is not properly hydrated, who is not properly oxydated, who is not properly leaning their diet toward alkaline rather than acidic foods, that person could do all the “face yoga” under the sun and it would matter very little.

[QUOTE=InnerAthlete;67594]We teach a complete jaw series as well as a workshop for the eyes.[/QUOTE]

Exercises for the eyes are good, eg the infinity rotation of the eyes. It consists in rotating the eyes -in both senses-in a horizontal eight figure. The monks of Tibet have developed a Tibetan chart to exercise the eyes. There are many yoga exercises for the eyes, basically stimulating the blood flow to the eyes.

However, all these are good for prevention and even cure of minor eye problems. When it comes to more serious problems, you have to resort to specialized foods and supplements, like the ones below:

http://www.ocularnutritionatoz.com/default.aspx

Mikaj, Tara Stiles book Slim Calm Sexy Yoga talks about yoga for the skin. She even mentions like you said about worry/stress putting permanent marks, she talks about less stress from yoga relaxing the face and also about cleaning out toxins, the effects of better sleep & muscle toning etc. She has a whole chapter on it. “… when you feel good, you look good.”

Not sure if she mentions but I also think that with yoga practice we tend to eat better and that is good for the skin too.

Of-course yoga is having benefit for skin, which makes glow on face and more helpful in several ways and I agreed that some kind of meditation or relaxation practice and a healthy clean diet will improve the look of the face. Thanks to share your suggestions.

oh thank you people for taking time to reply my post, yoga really fixed my lifestyle esp eating only healthy food, thats just a first step for sure, my main purpose is to reduce stress levels as much possible as i get troubles by the recurring thoughts that run thru my mind every now and again, i mean i try to keep myself distracted but simply you cant do it.

yes,yoga improve skin tone and also helps to make glow on face by reducing stress,tension and other mental and physical problems…

cheerz laura, you are rad. i can see my face getting way better. it has been for about two months since i started doing yoga (every day an hour) and can clearly see a difference, plus i am trying to include healthy stuff in my nourishment, hope all goes well.

Yes,YOGA will improve your blood pressure.There are so many benefits.You can do YOGA in daily routine.Also check the information on mindvalleyacademy.com.
•Improves health, memory and concentration
•Enhances communication and inter personal skills
•Relationships become harmonious
•Problem solving skills and creativity are enhanced
•Peace of mind, contentment & joy are felt from within.

yes, there is some yoga for the face. There are some pranayamas for the face too.

When the face has enough supply of prana the face starts to glow, there are some techniques for it. There is a secretive kriya for it.

kaulantak peeth nepal

I don’t know if it directly benefits the face, but indirectly it can reduce stress which has been shown to minimize acne outbursts and stuff like that.

1 Like

Yes Absolutely Yoga Benefit face You Skin Tone

Ask More From @WinnieT

Good yoga practice (for working of all organs) , good food ( to get all nutritional values) + good lifestyle (for preventing damage) automatically reflect on the face and you don’t need to do anything than regular care.