Essence of yoga - essence of life

"WE ARE ACTUALLY PURE LIGHT, EMANATING FROM SOURCE WITHIN. IT ONLY APPEARS THAT WE ARE A COLLECTION OF THOUGHTS & IDEAS"

> indent preformatted text by 4 spaces

Yoga and life are very much interrelated. The more we practice yoga postures, the more we find true meaning in our own lives.

By practicing yoga postures, we learn to observe our bodies and minds closely. Our breath, posture, and action patterns are closely related. We begin to understand what is happening inside us at the present moment. We begin to feel peace, happiness and joy.

At the same time, we begin to notice that we have been living in a very mechanical way until now. We have been reacting to situations without thinking twice about it. We have been doing things without knowing why we do them or whether they make sense or not. This mechanical mode of living has been causing us stress and unhappiness throughout our lives. We try to forget this unhappy part of our lives by constantly doing something else; but no matter how hard we try to distract ourselves, the fact remains that this unhappiness is with us all the time, in all situations and circumstances; it doesn't go away even for a single minute!

1 Like

Yoga is the most essential and vital part of anyone's life. I have been doing it since long ago and i have seen may benefits of doing it. Currently i was looking for yoga poses for 2 people and found website called yogaasan, Its amazing have a look

I've been studying consciousness through Sam Harris' Waking Up book and it's interesting to see different schools of though about our thoughts, ego, and being. I'm fairly new to yoga though, does anyone have a suggested form of yoga for someone who's studying vipassana?