Experience

So I quit my job and am traveling through central america for a year and plan on spending a lot of time in costa rica. well yesterday my heart weighed heavy and part of it has come up today.
so a friend where I am staying lost his key and we went to make a copy. One guy who had a toolbox and a beautiful little girl, maybe six years old, wanted to sell us the whole lock for the door, but we needed just a key. when we did not purchase anything from him she was upset and kicked the toolbox. its like I felt that kick and her diapointment, i wanted to give her some money but i was thinking, probably too much, and did nothing.

so today i was talking to maria, she is the lady that runs the cabinas and she told me her favorite music was eighties music and so having my computer i youtubed some 80’s music and then she told me her favorite michael jackson song was “we are the world” so I played that then played my favorite song by him, man in the mirror. in listening to man in the mirror I pictured that little girl.

the whole song is special and then the line
"I See The Kids In The Street,
With Not Enough To Eat
Who Am I, To Be Blind?
Pretending Not To See
Their Needs"
and I am brought back to that moment of her frustration. In that moment, where was my concern for finding this union/yoga/god. where were my debates, or my struggles? why am I so concerned for me me me?

brother Neil