Favorite Quotations to Share with Students

As my students are in final savasana, I like to leave some food for thought.

“Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t, you’re right.” -Henry Ford

“When everything seems to be going against you, just remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” -Henry Ford

“Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.” -Bruce Lee

“In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.” -Buddha

“Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors.” -African Proverb

Thanks for reading, enjoy and pass it on! :slight_smile:

I had this decal made for the wall in my studio where students gather:

“The mind is everything: what you think you become.” - Buddha

IA a few months back said something along the lines of

“When you think you are green you’re ripening, when you think you’re ripe, you’re rotten.”

“We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.”, Swami Vivekananda

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power then the world will know peace.”, Jimi Hendrix

“It is only when you discard your bad habits that you are really a free man.”, Paramahansa Yogananda in “The Law of Success”

“There is a sign of complete knowledge. A man becomes silent, when he attains it.”, Sri Ramakrishna

If you can not control your mind then you can do nothing.

“The mind acts like an enemy for those who do not control it.”

[B]Bhagavad Gita[/B]

good one on humbleness … “Before enlightenment; chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment; chop wood, carry water.”

Watch your thoughts, they become words,
Watch your words, they become actions,
Watch your actions, they become habits,
Watch your habits, they become your character,
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.

I don’t have any students, but these are the quotes I apply to myself now:

“Whenever anybody has offended me, I raise my Soul so high, that the offense cannot reach it”. - Rene Descartes

“I prefer the folly of enthusiasm to the indifference of wisdom”. - Anatole France

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win” - Mahatma Ghandi

“When I tell the truth, it’s not to convince people who do not know, but to defend those who do”. - William Blake

Aum Tat Sat

nice quotes! thanks

love these!