Favorite yoga mat?

Hello everyone! I hope this is an appropriate topic for this forum. I just found the community and it seems really great! Regardless, let me get to my question :slight_smile:

Over the past year or so I have cultivated a fairly strong yoga practice and have finally decided to treat myself to a good, new mat! I wanted to see what everyone’s preferences are. The Manduka mats seem very nice, but are expensive so I thought I would seek out some advice. Let me know your favorites :slight_smile:

Hello! I have the manduka prolite mat and I absolutely love it! I got it on Amazon for $58. I definitely recommend looking on amazon for whatever mat you decide on because they usually have great deals on mats including the manduka mats!

I have the Align Ultra mat from Lululemon. It has lines to help you align your poses appropriately (saved me many times during classes) and is a good thickness.
Having advanced some of my poses, I found myself to slip from my own sweat (which the said mat was not soaking). So I now pair it with the Manduka eQua towel.
From my experience, I would have done just as well with a $10 mat and the equa towel.

Thanks so much for the advice guys! Great idea to look on Amazon…I always forget to look for online deals! I also like the thought of just getting the eQua towel. I really appreciate the input :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=vera.naz22;53761]I have the Align Ultra mat from Lululemon. It has lines to help you align your poses appropriately (saved me many times during classes) and is a good thickness.
Having advanced some of my poses, I found myself to slip from my own sweat (which the said mat was not soaking). So I now pair it with the Manduka eQua towel.
From my experience, I would have done just as well with a $10 mat and the equa towel.[/QUOTE]

That?s what I do also, firstly it?s cheap secondly I don?t want to keep using something I sweat on 6 days a week for long periods of time, you may think you?re cleaning your mat but it?s a sponge of yucky.

The Lululemon Mat sounds wonderful although I always wanted to treat myself to a Manduka Mat. I like the idea that the LuluLemon mat has lines on it to help with alignment especially being a Yoga Instructor. I am thinking that would be a wonderful item to sell at my studio to new students or even have a few extra just for new students to borrow when starting out. Does anyone know if these mats (the Lululemon mats) can be bought in bulk by chance?

Ha! the famous ‘what is your favorite mat question’…do a search on here for yoga mat, you will find answers!:rolleyes: