Feelings post Kundalini exercises

Hi Everyone.

First time posting on here but I wanted to share my thoughts today while they are fresh.

I’ve been meditating for around 2 years now and this year have been practicing some Kundalini yoga. 2 days ago I attended a class much like I have been to before but after I had some very intense feelings that are still with me now.

After the class I began to feel very irritable, everything felt faster and I was definitely not at ease. I went for some food with my parter and my stress levels and anxiety began to increase. It was as if someone had turned the volume up as everything in the restaurant was amplified. I felt massively sensitive to noise. For the rest of the evening I felt really stressed and anxious and not in control of my emotions and how I was reacting to my environment. My awareness of myself seemed to leave me.
That night I slept very heavily and had a strange dream… I dreamt that I was driving a car along a motorway somewhere hot, maybe a desert and I could hear this rattling noise. I couldn’t work out what it was but eventually realised it was a rattle snake. I was tempted to put my hand down to feel around to find it but knew I could get bitten. I can’t remember if it was fear or just curiosity about the snake, it’s a little hazy now. But the feeling was that there was something I needed to remove but couldn’t I guess. Maybe I was scared.

The dream felt very relevant somehow…

The next day I was feeling really anxious with lots of energy coming from my heart, almost like palpitations. Very sensitive to people and especially my partner. I wasn’t a joy to be around in the morning unfortunately.

The good news is that I took a step back, moved at my own pace and observed… Did some nice personal things for myself and slowed the pace right down and the anxious feelings are easing. I still have this anxious energetic feeling in my heart but it’s much better and I feel more at ease in myself.

I’ve recently reconnected with a family member and talked through some past conflicts which has been really good but timing wise it feels linked possibly.

It’s very clear today how I felt before and after he class and the feelings have been so powerful and almost out of the blue. I’ve been feeling out of control almost.

It’s a long post but I’d be interested in peoples thoughts as I’m keen to learn about this experience and understand more how I’m feeling.

Peace,

J

irritable
everything’s faster
stress
anxiety
noise ? chaos
emotionally out of control
bursts of raw energy

something needed to be removed

open and sensitive to/of others
radiating energy from the heart
overwhelming to be around

taking a step back
relaxing
B-ing

Connecting with others:
the Place of the Heart.

Blessings,

The above poem arose from reading your beautiful experience. Truly, what a blessing. Having said that, here are my thoughts:

From the get go,
you are right ?
something needs to be removed
dissolved
transformed.

In my Kundalini tradition we work with Four Risings, which progressively become more refined and encompassing.

Starting with the physical body,
we make it ship-shape:
increasing its capacity
and letting the energy flow.

Then with the emotional body
we untangle any knots
dissolve any blocks
and really increase the energy flow.

Once that energy is flowing,
we work with the mind
to really get it going ?
directing it as we see fit.

Lastly,
and this is the one we have all been waiting for,
the grand finale:
The Kundalini Rising.

At this point we’ve increased the flow of energy
charged up the Chakras
so that we can drive the self out of here:
it’s knot needed anymore / it’s a knot, what are we knotting?

Sorry about the tangent,
I’m a little bit high right now.

So,
this is what I have experienced. I hope it might help you absorb and embody the wisdom within you. I think of the Kundalini as ever growing waves rather than one, all of a sudden, giant rush of energy. Don’t get me wrong, it’s powerful, but because of the way I have learned to work with energy, and the fact that I naturally work with energy in a watery way, the Kundalini Process is gradual and wave like.

Having said that, when the energy does come in a burning flood, we find ourselves dealing with these blocks, knots, tears, scars, and areas of stagnation in a more intensified way ? and sometimes even ? we are not even aware that there was an issue.

And yes,
the more energy you invite in,
the quicker things come.

As for the stress,
anxiety
and sensitivity to your surroundings,
in particular noise in your case,
it is no wonder you felt at times emotionally out of control:
you were.

Yet,
your dream,
what I like to call Dream Yoga,
is a means for us to tap into the unconscious realms and see directly what is going on.

That naturally makes us more sensitive/open to others,
which in turn gives rise to the radiating energy within the heart,
and yes,
it is overwhelming.

And when we have unresolved issues ?
this affects others:
who wants to be around other peoples’ stench?

Taking a step back, you say,
that is totally the best thing to do.
Perspective helps us understand.

And with Understanding,
we know what leads where
and we invite those things that bring us t[U]here[/U]

Relaxing,
that is a good sign of allowing the energy to do its thing.
B-ing,
aint that what we seek.

Abiding within the Heart,
well,
no wonder you find yourself connecting with things;)

I hope you found something of worth in all my ramblings.

Blessings Be
Suba