Fibromyalgia

A friend of mine (he is a massage therapist) is currently treating a woman with fibromyalgia. She is interested in yoga as therapy for her condition. She is fairly active and would like to use yoga as treatment for joint/muscle pain. I have received suggestions on a sequence of breathing/postures from the Internet. I was wondering what breathing techniques/poses and sequencing of poses you would recommend for this condition. I would really like to help this person out. I would appreciate your input.

Fibromyalgia symptoms include trigger points of neuro-muscular sensitivity that are located in the shoulder girdle, pelvis, and sometimes extend into the abdominal and leg region. In more difficult cases they can include chronic fatigue, digestive disorders and a wasting away of tissue. In general I recommend a vata balancing practice to be at the core ? specific sequence of motions done with more focus on breath than asana. By developing the breath into prana this condition is greatly improved. The key is to learn the practices by someone who knows how to develop prana. This body should not be looked at as a neurological or muscular problem. Should a yoga master not be available then other practices such as Chi Gung, Pranic Healing, and Tai Chi are quite helpful, when given by a master teacher in these methods.