Fitness and Spirituality Bridging the Gap

I remember a few years ago when I was trying to achieve my goal of gaining several pounds of muscle mass so that I can transform and sculpt my body, I struggled for quite some time to even get even up and off the ground of this goal. For months I felt as though all I was doing was just going around in circles doing the same ole things over and over. The routine was the same.

One day I decided to sit down and try to figure out a solution. I sat in my car and thought to myself; well, if you are gonna do this you are gonna need to pull it out of you by force because its just not going to happen by yourself. So I began to troll the internet for ideas on how I could develop what I wanted. I found that the common theme amongst all those who had gone before me in quest of the same goal, all had a drive and motivation like no other.

I thought to myself, well if they could do it then I can too. I will never forget the moment I sat there with my eyes closed and thoughts deeply removed from the physical. It was one of the best experiences of my life, When I came out of this "trans" as I now refer to it, I found myself with a clear picture of what I wanted to become and I had the answer to the problem of how do I get there. It was rather easy to figure out.

For several months after that I played the images that were delivered to me in that moment in my head and I worked towards that goal. In no time I was able to accomplish my goal and was able to see impactful and significant results. It was the secret to the puzzle to this day that I believe in and use.

I believe that within each one of us there exist a spiritual component of truth which can deliver to us at any moment all the answers to some of the most complex issues that we may face. I also believe that once we call upon this invisible force it brings to us a power that we can manifest in the physical to achieve just about anything. We are all spiritual beings living in a physical experience; this being said, this is what I believe drives everyone even those who lack the awareness of this existence. I am on another journey to transform my body this year and I am in the fight of my life as I have many obstacles in front of me this go around. One thing that I have noticed once again is the power of the human spirit when we are at our worst. I find that once we call upon that power, it delivers to us the strength and motivation required to move forward, I am thrilled to share with everyone my results in a few months as I now once again embark on this beautiful journey.

I would love to have you all along with me for the ride and would love for you all to also be a part of my weekly scribble where talk about different fitness topics. My website is www.flakitofitness.com. You can visit the page to get all kinds of fitness advice and also to get more fitness and spirituality related articles.

I look forward top seeing you all and look forward to delivering more powerful content.

Great website. It will definitely help those who want some of their pounds off.

1 Like

Hey there! I really appreciate your message. That is really nice of you. I hope I can be of some assistance to you to. Spread the word let everyone know about us.

Fitness and spirituality can indeed bridge the gap and complement each other in various ways. Here are some ways in which fitness and spirituality can be interconnected:

1. Mind-Body Connection: Both fitness and spirituality emphasize the mind-body connection. Engaging in physical activities like yoga, tai chi, or mindful movement can help cultivate awareness of the body, enhance bodily sensations, and promote present-moment awareness. This increased awareness can deepen your spiritual practice and bring about a sense of unity between the physical and spiritual aspects of your being.
  2. Movement as Meditation: Fitness activities can serve as a form of moving meditation. Engaging in exercises like running, swimming, or cycling can help quiet the mind, relieve stress, and facilitate a state of flow where you become fully absorbed in the present moment. This focused and meditative state can create space for spiritual insights and contemplation.
  3. Inner Discipline and Self-Transcendence: Both fitness and spirituality require discipline, commitment, and self-transcendence. Cultivating a regular fitness routine builds discipline, resilience, and determination, which can be applied to spiritual practices as well. Pushing beyond your physical limits in fitness can help you explore and expand your mental and spiritual boundaries.
  4. Self-Care and Well-Being: Fitness and spirituality both emphasize self-care and well-being. Engaging in regular exercise promotes physical health, vitality, and overall well-being. Nurturing your physical body through fitness can create a strong foundation for spiritual growth and self-awareness. Similarly, spiritual practices like meditation and mindfulness can enhance mental and emotional well-being, providing a holistic approach to overall health.
  5. Embodied Spirituality: Fitness activities can be a means to experience and express spirituality through the body. Dancing, hiking in nature, practicing yoga, or participating in mindful movement can help you feel more connected to your body, the natural world, and the divine. This embodied spirituality allows you to explore and honor the sacredness of physical existence.
  6. Community and Support: Fitness and spiritual communities often overlap, providing a sense of belonging, support, and shared values. Joining fitness classes, sports teams, or yoga groups can create opportunities for meaningful connections with like-minded individuals who share a passion for both physical well-being and spiritual growth.

It's important to remember that spirituality is a deeply personal and individual journey, and the integration of fitness and spirituality may differ for each person. It's essential to listen to your own inner wisdom and find a balance that resonates with you, honoring both the physical and spiritual aspects of your being. Consulting with a qualified fitness professional or spiritual teacher can provide guidance and support as you explore the interplay between fitness and spirituality in your own life.