Forum is redirecting

I’ve been having problems recently with being redirected after I log in and when I go to reply. It takes me to spam site. Often times I cannot get back and need to quit Safari and start over. Frustrating. Anyone else encounter this?

Thanks!

Unless others report the same issue, I would suspect that you have some sort of malware or virus :frowning:

Yes Lotusgirl, it sounds like you have a malware or spyware or virus. If you don’t have a virus scanner on your computer, may I recommend AVG, which is free (make sure you download the free version, not the trial version which times out after 30 days) forever. I use it and it keeps my computer quite safe.
Hm I should backpedal a little here - the free version may not scan for spyware after 30 days though.
I also have Spybot Search and Destroy (make sure you search for exactly that, there are copycats out there) and that is also free, though they do request a donation if you like it. I run it on a regular basis just to make sure I’ve not got any sneaky spyware that made it past AVG.
Good luck!

Does AVG now have an install for a Mac?

lotusgirl it is likely you have picked up some malware and to be honest I am not sure what to tell you to do since you are on a Mac. In the PC world there are several options
Ad-Aware
SpyBot
AVG
Etc

Some of the antivirus sites also offer free trials, F-secure, TrendMicro, McAfee and Symantec and some do have trialware for a Mac

If you do not have an antivirus/antispyware software package installed you may need to buy one and install via disk. The sad truth about some of this malware is that it can and will stop download of software it sees as a threat.

I shouldn’t have to have any of this with my mac. I’ll give apple tech support a call.

Thanks all.

Oh sorry, I didn’t think about the possibility of you having a Mac. How can you tell, Yulaw, without asking her?

Safari.

Unfortunately, malware is affecting macs too. A malware removal program will take care of the issue. See what apple recommends.

[QUOTE=Joanna63;44101]Oh sorry, I didn’t think about the possibility of you having a Mac. How can you tell, Yulaw, without asking her?[/QUOTE]

Well Joanna, Yulaw is an expert in the security field and had noted the shape of her a’s in her posts can only be achieved via a Mac …:smiley:

[QUOTE=lotusgirl;44100]I shouldn’t have to have any of this with my mac. I’ll give apple tech support a call.

Thanks all.[/QUOTE]

Sadly you could have the same problems with a Mac; they are not impervious to malware and viruses. They are just not as targeted as PCs. Calling support is a good idea and there is always the (not always so properly named) Genius Bar at the Mac store

I will have to find out what Antivirus system we use and get back to you. I pulled myself out of Mac support awhile back… long story and nothing to do with you issue so I will stop there.

[QUOTE=kareng;44152]Well Joanna, Yulaw is an expert in the security field and had noted the shape of her a’s in her posts can only be achieved via a Mac …:D[/QUOTE]

NAH!! just part of a rather good support team, but thank you