Forum redesign incoming!

I wanted to give a heads up that a complete forum style and front page redesign are incoming. Expect this anytime in the next 3-10 days. For those of you who hate the new style of the forum, you’ll still be able to use the current one if you so desire, so don’t worry :slight_smile: Once we go live with the new design, we’ll start posting articles, so get in on that if you want.

woooooooooooooot!!! This will be awesome!

David, I am dying from my anticipation! PLEASE RELEASE THE UPDATE! Fanboy screams

Hahah. I’m going back and forth with the designer right now putting finishing touches on things.

[QUOTE=David;51466]Hahah. I’m going back and forth with the designer right now putting finishing touches on things.[/QUOTE]

Excelente! Me gusta el diseno nuevo!

Well, it’s only about two months late (LOL) but the new redesign is about ready. Please note that if you don’t like it, you WILL be able to stay with the current design.

The front page is already being updated, and you can’t use the old design for that, sorry. :slight_smile:

Me likes it. Satin and smooth tones, rather calming.

[QUOTE=David;56433]Well, it’s only about two months late (LOL) but the new redesign is about ready. Please note that if you don’t like it, you WILL be able to stay with the current design.

The front page is already being updated, and you can’t use the old design for that, sorry. :)[/QUOTE]

DAVID ADMINISTRATOR! It is about time! I have long been awaiting this forum redesign. fanboy scream

It isn’t perfect, but what is? Hopefully it will grow in a manner analogous to this community’s growth.

Yeah, it needs some work. I’m working on various improvements.

Out of curiosity, what’s everyone’s opinion of the background? Too busy?

Hi David,

the visuals are fine, but I personally would much prefer to have the recent postings on the homepage instead of some articles.

2 cents only. :smiley:

Thanks for the feedback Q. I’ll see if I can put the recent postings system onto another page. No promises, but I’ll give it a good shot tomorrow.

Q,

I’ve setup what you want here: http://www.yogaforums.com/recent.php

You can access it from the front page via the “Recent Posts” link at the top. So it’ll be one more click for you (unless you bookmark that specific page) but I think it’s a decent solution.

Thanks David, it’s fine for me, I’ll just bookmark that page instead of the homepage; frankly I do not read those articles at all.

[QUOTE=David;56488]Yeah, it needs some work. I’m working on various improvements.

Out of curiosity, what’s everyone’s opinion of the background? Too busy?[/QUOTE]

I actually think its too UN-busy. Spice it up a bit with videos, more graphics, animation, etc.

So what happened to the new design? I cant choose it anymore. There are default and mobile styles.

What has happened to the new fancy one?

There’s some issues with it I want to fix before I go live with it. Even the front page shouldn’t be live yet, but I’m kinda lazy about that :slight_smile:

thats cool :wink:

WE WANTS IT!!! WE NEEEEEeEDS IT!!!1 DAVID TOOK PRECIOUS FROM US! GOLLUM GOLLUM!!!