Forum Restructuring

I agree with suryadaya, I LOVE that feature! I can see what’s been going on the past 24 hrs, and if I want to look further, I can just click the home page to see the listings of categories. Awesome feature that not all websites have, you usually have to go hunting for the “most recent posts” link. :slight_smile:

Site admin running a test. Sorry for the email folks, that’s what I’m testing.

David, your outline looks good fro me, BUT core789 suggested something that I would like to see on the forum very much. such as:
1)- Pranayama- Limb 4 covered
2)Meditation
3)Lifestyle & Nutrition(Diet & lifestyle choices etc)
I DONT THINK we need YOGA therapy category, since everything in yoga is tharapy in some way - asanas, pranajamas, diet,…etc. and we already have categories for those.

ALSO you might take into consideration:
-“Administrative questions” category like “where to buy mats, props for the studio”, “how to market yoga studio”, “how to develop yoga class”,“what paperwork student have to sing before class”, “where to buy yoga pants”:))) etc.

AND the MOST (!!) Desirable feature for me would be; make mandatory THE SOURCE OF THE INFORMATION IN THE POST. Since people are talking here about topics which related to health and well being I would love to see where they getting their information from:
-particular book
-specific person
-personal experience
-experience of friend, mom, my neighbor’s dog…
-just an opinion based on my thoughts.
I think this is very important and this is something people trying to bring up since so many forums became just a junk forums

Om Shanti!

ALSO you might consider a category or sub category:
Yoga events - retreats, seminars, workshops, etc. because sometimes it is hard to find it online - they redirect you so many times and show you so many ads that I personally forget what I wanted to do all the times:)

Hi CityMonk,

Im not sure I agree about the Yoga Therapy angle.

Yoga Therapy is a specific science/discipline, and I think it is helpful to keep it seperate.

Naturally you are correct that all yoga is therapy, however, Yoga Therapy is specific wheras yoga is more generaly a therapy. In yoga therapy a specific problem/issue is looked at and a plan worked out. These specifics would be nice to see in a seperate section. Liek case studies.

I think it’s important to keep the yoga therapy section.

Bumping this up!

The restructuring will definitely happen, I’m just taking my sweet time with it for various reasons. Thanks for your patience :slight_smile:

As you can see, some forum restructuring took place tonight. I’ve decided to do the restructuring in baby steps and see how each step is received. I see no reason to rush things so this is all I’m doing. For now :slight_smile:

Thus far the marketplace and yoga book club forum has been removed and forum ordering has been changed. The yoga therapy forum was renamed to Mukunda Stiles: Yoga Therapy Q&A and is now just a repository of what Makunda shared with this forum. The non Makunda threads were moved to the General Yoga forum since the two were somewhat redundant in my opinion.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=suryadaya;29818]Is the default page upon loading still going to be list the most recent threads? I forgot the threads even had categories. I LOVE that I can pull up the site from anywhere and see instantly everything that has happened in the last twenty-four hours.[/QUOTE]

I agree with suryadaya, I LOVE that feature! I can see what’s been going on the past 24 hrs, and if I want to look further, I can just click the home page to see the listings of categories. Awesome feature that not all websites have, you usually have to go hunting for the “most recent posts” link.

Many times on here there is a post I like but do not desire a full response to the actual post saying so. Thus, could we institute a “thumbs-up” button on individual posts? If you are familiar with facebook, they do this on their Wall posts/threads. If not a thumbs up on here, a smiley? Not a necessity, just a cute quirk ;-D