Forward head - Shoulderstand

I have a student who is in his mid 50’s whose head goes forward when he’s standing. I started to observe many of the “older” students and noticed several others have forward heads. I always take time at the beginning of the standing postures to work with Tadasana and by the time they’ve stayed in it for several breaths, they seem more balanced. This deteriorates more or less slowly and by the end of class as they’re leaving the heads are back in their forward position. I realize it can take time to make these adjustments in the structure of the body but just was curious what you might suggest to help me in working with this.
I am also interested in what you would say about these people doing Shoulderstand. With the head already going forward, is it a good idea to have them do Shoulderstand, which might make the situation worse? Perhaps a half Shoulderstand Viparita Karani?? Thank you for your help on this matter. Many blessings, S

I find that most people have a 10-degree forward posture to the neck. It is not correctable by adjustments in poses like mountain. This is accompanied by having weakened lower trapezius and latissimus muscles. The crucial issue is to strengthen these muscles. This can be done in bridge, cobra, and cat bows as they are described in my book. Yes a half Shoulderstand is best for this; this is one of the many reasons why i put it in my book and not the full pose. Namaste Mukunda