Free Relaxing Piano & Strings Instrumental Music

Hi everyone!

Last year I self-released an instrumental album and I’m about to release another one in about a month. The album can be streamed in full on my website and I feel the music would work well to calm the senses for a meditative yoga session. I’ve always been a fan of the ‘freemium’ philospophy, so I made a trio of tracks available for free, when someone signs up to be notified of future albums.

My compositional style has evolved over time and I’ve recently arrived at some conclusions: Up until the last few years, I was writing music in a very conscious manner - music from the head. I realized that whenever I ‘switched off’ the internal critic and explored aimlessly, I had a much greater level of artistic satisfaction/fulfillment. It felt like this music came from the heart and the experience of writing and developing it felt rather spiritual and therapeutic.

Because I try to compose in a relaxed state, my hope is that the music will put listeners in a relaxed state. I love to close my eyes and the keys and just focus on the notes as I play - sometimes I focus on the mood itself and almost don’t hear the notes consciously. Composition and practice/development have become a sort of yoga in themselves it seems.

My favorite way to create music is to lay flat and comfortably with ear plugs and an eye mask - sensory deprivation. I then imagine the music and bring it in to focus, trying to repeat it in my minds ear enough times that I can get a memory cue down on my phones’ voice recorder when I open my eyes again!

I pressed a hundred promo copies last summer and had alot of positive feedback in regards to the relaxing nature, including one lady with insomnia who was using it every night to lull her to sleep, so I hoped I might potentially find a few fans on this forum. The more I’m aware of my music being listened to, the more it energizes me to create. The ability of music to impact someones mood positively is something I’ve always been in awe of. The thought of that positive energy rolling outwards from a listening experience into their personal interactions and decisions that day is a powerful idea.

Anyway, I hope some of you might take a listen and get something good out of it - and if you do, I hope you’ll go for the free tracks, so you won’t forget about my music and so I can remind you when my albums are released and reward you for listening with more free tracks.

Thanks for reading (and perhaps listening).

Marc Filmer