Fruit

There is a lot of controversy out there in the world today over fruit and whether it is good for you or bad for you because of its natural sugar content. I bought a cranberry juice a few weeks ago that had no added sugars and just had other fruits to flavor it and my roommate freaked out on me claiming I could not drink it, that the sugars, even though natural, were too high and bad for me…

I love fruit, personally.

Thoughts on this subject?

When I’m hungry for fruit I eat it.

always ask yourself…what people ate 1000 years ago

The vast majority of fruit are great. The idiots saying it’s bad for you couldn’t tell the difference between a monosaccharide, a disaccharide, and their [insert your own choice of words here].

Of for crying ot loud, fruit it is good for you, end of story

If listen to enough people absolutly nothing we eat is good for us… so… try going without eating as see where that gets them.

some humors [ fruity n nutty ] a day won’t kill you in any way…

[QUOTE=David;70953]The vast majority of fruit are great. The idiots saying it’s bad for you couldn’t tell the difference between a monosaccharide, a disaccharide, and their [insert your own choice of words here].[/QUOTE]

totally agree…if they are ripen!.. but most of fruits here in florida are green ( like a hell…hurts my teeth and stomach :frowning:

[QUOTE=SCMT;70975]Of for crying ot loud, fruit it is good for you, end of story

If listen to enough people absolutly nothing we eat is good for us… so… try going without eating as see where that gets them.[/QUOTE]

your are right:) my mother on law says that fruita in the morning cause gastritis and fruits in the evening ill rotten in stomach:)) thus she eats sausage with mayO))

I think that too much fruit can be bad if you are sensitive to sugars; however, it is much healthier than anything processed. Too much anything can be bad for you! I tend to eat lots of fruits in the summer when they are in season. Its always good to balance out the body and eat lots of vegetables as well as fruits.

[QUOTE=CityMonk;71181]your are right:) my mother on law says that fruita in the morning cause gastritis and fruits in the evening ill rotten in stomach:)) thus she eats sausage with mayO))[/QUOTE]

I had some people in my family that were talking about eating only natural foods to be healthy…so they made Sausage soup…with organic sausage. I just could not bring myself to try it and the next day, after a night in the fridge it had a 3/4 layer on top of congealed fat…I kid you not?and you know? I cannot ever remember seeing them eat any fruit.

Do you think we should stick to the fruits that are grown in the country we are raised in and still live in?

Karen, if for not reason other than the embodied energy of imported fruit, yes. Whether imported fruit is more likely to be antigenic is up for debate.

Hello David…thanks for your reply…It is a question that has bothered me for some time. Yes fruits from overseas have their nutrients as the ones at home do. I somehow feel instinctively to stick to the ones that just naturally grow here. I suppose it is up for debate as you say.

mind you, I don’t stick rigidly to this!..I cant resist a Banana every now and then…and grapes…there are varieties that grow here in Britain but only recently have these been introduced and only a few varieties are hardy enough to withstand our changeable climate…I have some from my neighbour each year…I salivate when I hear they are ripe and ready to eat. It makes such a difference when they come straight from the vine. Bursting with sweet juice.

I wish I lived in a tropical environment so that I can have fruit from the “source”.

[QUOTE=a.mi;73453]I wish I lived in a tropical environment so that I can have fruit from the “source”.[/QUOTE]

In Florida I was suprised that Floridians let Avocados fall onto the floor and dont use them. They do this with Oranges too…juicy…I used to go and collect them …I trhink they thought I was a bit of a nutter…no comments please!:slight_smile:

I love fruit it is always my favorite. Any kind of fruit is just the best my favorite is grapes and watermelon.