Getting very sore... not recovering quickly enough

Hi. I started yoga about 2 months ago and am completely addicted. I am finding that I get very sore after my sessions and it is taking sometimes a few days to recover. I do yoga 4 times a week and wish I could do it every day but some days I’m just too sore.

I’m 42, so I’m not a young man anymore but I really want a daily practice. Anyone else experience this? Will it pass as I continue?

My diet is stellar. I am a nutritionist so I know I’m getting what my body requires to heal. Just not recovering quickly. I get 8 hours of sleep daily.

Also… I do mostly hot yoga. Bikram once or twice a week. Hot vinyasa yoga 2 or 3 times a week.

thanks
David

Addressing the first part of your question, what can occur after exercise sometimes is called “DOMS” or delayed onset muscle soreness. I encourage you to google it to find out more about it.

My second thought is that you are participating in vigorous forms of yoga; what about interspersing those vigorous yoga sessions with something else? A low key yoga session, or even a “cross training” day where you do some other form of exercise entirely, or a fun sport you enjoy instead.