Ghosts & reincarnation

How does the Law of Karma and Reincarnation explain the large number of ghosts (earthbound human spirits) that exist in the world?

Karma, bondage and rebirth are concepts which we are taught to believe. The working theory of re-birth is a concept, how can a concept be reborn, the mind/body/personal-hallucination which arises when consciousness mistakenly identifies itself with a particular form.

?Reincarnation exists only so long as there is ignorance. There is really no reincarnation at all, either now or before.? ~Ramana Maharshi

?Only those who think themselves born can think themselves re-born.? ~Nisargadatta Maharaj

?Maharaj (Nisargadatta Maharaj) rejects the idea of re-birth or re-incarnation out of hand, and the basis for such rejection is so simple that it humbles us: the entity which is supposed to be re-born does not exist, except as a mere concept! How can a concept be re-born? Maharaj in all innocence asks the protagonist of re-birth: “Please, I want to know, who is it that would be re-born?” The body ‘dies’ and, after death, is demolished ? buried or cremated?as quickly as possible. The body, in other words, has been irreparably, irretrievably, irrevocably destroyed. That body, therefore, which was an objective thing cannot be re-born. How then can anything non-objective like the life-force (the breath), which, on the death of the body, merged with the air outside, or the consciousness which merged with the Impersonal consciousness, be re-born either? Perhaps, says Maharaj, you will say that the entity concerned will be re-born. But that would be utterly ridiculous. You do know that the ‘entity’ is nothing but a concept, a hallucination which arises when consciousness mistakenly identifies itself with the particular form. How did the idea of re-birth arise at all? It was perhaps conceived as some sort of an acceptable working theory to satisfy the simpler people who were not intelligent enough to think beyond the parameters of the manifested world.?

Ray if you include whole interview with him it will be easier for people to grasp I think.

The complete interview is “I AM THAT” (Dialogues of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj) which can be read online free: