Hello All Beautiful Yoga Lovers, We Would Love Some FeedBack

We are busy with an on going project and would love if you could help us with some of your own experiences and reasons.

We have come across many different reasons why people have decided to start Yoga or Meditation.

Many of which include: Flexibility, Freedom, Spirituality, Stress Relief, Mindfulness, Happiness, Fitness and Balance just to name a few.

What made you start your journey?

Namaste

I remember looking at some vintage Hatha Yoga books in my library back in the mid 60's,but it was the late 60's with Hare Krishna movement starting on the scene thanks to George Harrison, friends got heavy into it . That was in England, November 1972 I emigrated to Canada. I was a long haired hippie art student in England and being new in Canada though I could meet people if I went to a Yoga Studio, that was my start in my practice which included Bhakti yoga

I was a casual Yogi and in 1979 I got into Taijiquan which I still am into and did get into Taoism and Buddhism. Eventually took Refuge and Bodhisattva vows in Tibetan Buddhism. I studied Aikido for 4 years which also teaches a Zen approach.

2015 I had a yearning to get into a Yoga studio and went for 8 months, I went very regular but maybe because of working for a builder had to take a break.

2017 we sold our house and moved into an apartment building in a groovy neighbourhood. The was a Hot Yoga studio a block away so joined for 40 days then took a break and went to my 2015 studio for the summer. I retired from work November 2017 and signed up for 13 visits before going for the 99 day special in 2018, that expired now and started another 99 day special deal and go almost daily.

After the 99 days is up I can decide if to go community member. Yoga for me is a spiritual path and also a method of health and fitness.

I did an edit for this post but it timed out, here's the edited version...

I remember looking at some vintage Hatha Yoga books in my library back in the mid 60's,but it was the late 60's with Hare Krishna movement starting on the scene thanks to George Harrison, friends got heavy into it . That was in England, November 1972 I emigrated to Canada. I was a long haired hippie art student in England and being new in Canada though I could meet people if I went to a Yoga Studio, that was my start in my practice which included Bhakti yoga

I was a casual Yogi and in 1979 I got into Taijiquan which I still am into and did get into Taoism and Buddhism. Eventually took Refuge and Bodhisattva vows in Tibetan Buddhism. I studied Aikido for 4 years which also teaches a Zen approach.

2015 I had a yearning to get into a Yoga studio and went for 8 months, I went very regular but maybe because of working for a builder had to take a break. It was a nice place that had an outdoor tent covered deck. http://www.shangrilayoga.com/

2017 we sold our house and moved into an apartment building in a groovy neighbourhood. There was a Hot Yoga studio a block away so joined for 40 days then took a break and went back to my 2015 studio for the summer. I retired from work November 2017 and signed up for 13 visits before going for the 99 day special in 2018, that expired now and started another 99 day special deal and go almost daily.

After the 99 days is up I can decide if to go community member. Yoga for me is a spiritual path and also a method of health and fitness. http://www.yogashack.ca/

I am in love with yoga. I've always been a big fan of fitness and health, but yoga has given me more than just a healthy lifestyle.

I have never felt more connected to myself as a person. The practice of yoga takes you on a journey that makes you feel like you are becoming more aware of your body, mind and spirit.

I started practicing yoga when I was in college and it became the basis for my physical and mental health. It has taught me how to relax my muscles, improve my flexibility and control my breath.

My favorite part about yoga is when I get into an intense flow class and feel like I have no control over my body. The feeling of being completely relaxed yet energized at the same time is amazing!

I would suggest everyone if they wants to learn yoga from experts then you should join yoga teacher training program offered by Arhanta yoga.