Hello from frigid Wisconsin!

Hello! My real name is Michelle, and I am new to the yoga lifestyle. Only recently had I decided I needed to improve my life, as I have spent the better part of this year feeling miserable, whether it be stress from being a senior in high school, feeling tired, or feeling weak. I came across yoga and have tried a video given to me by my aunt, and have fallen in love. I sleep great now and I feel much more alive and fluid. I am looking to broaden my yoga knowledge, and for video suggestions, and thus I have joined this forum. Thanks!:smiley:

Hi Michelle,

It’s wonderful to have you here on yogaforums.com! I’m so pleased to hear that yoga has already made a positive benefit in your life :slight_smile: See you around!

Thanks David! It really has! I just wish I could expand my resources a little more, I cant afford in class lessons so I have to resort to videos. Any suggestions?

Hello, I’m new too. I’ve been reading for awhile now. These forums are terrific.

Cool! :slight_smile:

You’re looking for DVDs? You want one for beginners or something else?

I am a beginner, I am very new to this experience having only started this about 2 weeks ago. Beginners might be best. Any title suggestions? :slight_smile:

InnerAthlete, a member of this forum who I have met in person and whose opinion I greatly respect recently suggested Yoga for Beginners with Patricia Walden so I’m going to go with that one :slight_smile:

There are some excellent videos on these subscription sites for $10/month:

www.myyogaonline.com

There are some terrific podcasts that are free:

www.bowdownyoga.com/podcasts/

Netflix has yoga DVD's and streaming videos as well.

Enjoy!

Thanks everyone! :slight_smile:

Welcome.