Hello!

Hello!
I’ve been practicing yoga for the past 3 years and I love it. I recently had a bout of bad health and took a break from yoga… this was possibly the biggest mistake as I truly believe it could have helped me through my illness!
I practice at a hot yoga studio, I feel as if the heat just allows me to clear my mind completely… Not only do I practice Bikram but also a flow and Yin.
I am eager to start reading and seeing what this forum has to offer!

Hello and welcome!

Taking a break indeed is very bad, it was Bruce Lee who said that the day you stop your training is the day regression begins. I think it was on Paul Grilley’s DVD:

http://www.pranamaya.com/grilley-yin.html

Where he explained that for example star-athletes (and racehorses…?) who get injured will continue to have these injured parts moving, so they don’t get stiff. He gave another example, that when one breaks their wrist and then has the arm in a sling, after the wrist is healed the shoulder often is the biggest problem, because due to it’s immobility it got stiff and has to be worked on. Particularly for older people this seems to be a huge problem.

However: I was just randomly around. :lol:

Welcome, it’s wonderful to have you here. I agree that the practice of yoga can often be beneficial in times of illness. See you around! :slight_smile: