Help finding a basic, affordable, intensive TTC course in paradise (that isn't Agama)

After years of interest and sporadic practice, and having more recently started to lead very informal classes with friends, I’ve decided to pursue teacher training. While I started out with hatha and yin yoga, my practice the past 5 years has been based on the teachings of the Agama Yoga school.

Having all but finished the first month of Agama and having attended their schools in both India and Mexico, it would seem only natural that I would pursue a TTC with them. However, while I have had great experiences in the schools and with the practice, my feeling is that, as a prospective teacher, I don’t choose to affiliate myself with this school for a variety of reasons - some of which may be familiar to anyone familiar with Agama, but which I don’t need to discuss here.

The fact is that I will practice and teach my own form of yoga, based on what I’ve learned plus the truth my body and life experiences have taught me, regardless of where I receive my TTC from.

What I’m looking for:

• A basic teacher training course that gives a solid foundation for teaching, especially when it comes to proper alignment and injury prevention

• An intensive course, ideally 1 month in length

• Located in Thailand, Mexico, Central America or a similar place (in other words, I like warm, tropical beaches)

• Affordable: under $1500 for the course itself, not including accommodation, but with affordable accommodation nearby

• Preferably NOT in India. I’ve spent 5 months there and loved it, but I’m just not feeling it right now. However, if you really think you know the perfect place in India, please feel free to mention it. Maybe in 6 months I’ll feel differently about it.

• Taught in English

• An organization that doesn’t have a reputation that is tainted in any way. I’d be happy with a no name organization with no reputation as long as the teacher is a good one.

I appreciate more meditative yoga (holding asanas for several minutes) and the practice of moving and balancing energy in the chakras, so naturally a teacher training course that includes these things would be great, but I don’t see it as absolutely necessary.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you and namaste. :slight_smile: