Help me please with yoga literature

Hello, Im almost new to yoga. My issue is that I am looking for a good yoga literature. More than some introductions, I am looking for complex, consistent, source-like books on yoga or tantra.
Please give me some clues, what books to order, to start my spiritual library. You may add examples of books which inspired you. Please explain why the book is good. Any help greatly appreciated!

Greetings from rainy Prague. :stuck_out_tongue:

New member here.

Hello all. :smiley:

I would suggest anything from the Bihar School of Yoga. These are considered “textbooks” for serious disciples of yoga. A good intro would be Yoga Darshan by Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati.
Hope that gets you on your way.
Namaste.

If you’re interested in Kundalini, you must have Sadhana Guidelines for Kundalini Yoga Daily Practice. It has an excellent introduction, and easy to follow sets of all kinds. We are doing the abdominal strengthening set in Sadhana right now, and it really gets us moving for the day!

You’ve mentioned the phrase “source” in your inquiry. If that is truly your interest I’d suggest actual source material as follows:

The Vedas
The Upanishads
The Bhagavad Gita
The Yoga Sutras
The Hatha Yoga Pradipika

1 Like

For the basic understanding of Yoga as a compete system, please check out “YOGA to Master the Mind” - a quintessential user-friendly guide to what Yoga is, Yoga as described by the saints and sages in the Upanishads (Veda).
This book explains the basics of Yoga and how to apply Yoga in everyday life by mastering the mind! www.yogatomasterthemind.com.
Wish you the best!
Namaste

I have created a website fully dedicated with the articles on Yoga Scriptures. Of the 20 yoga Upanishads, till now I have translated 15 Yoga Upanishads into English and the rest is on the way. After that, I propose to write articles on Yoga Sutra, Thirumanthiram and other classical texts. Hence following this website, one can build a solid base on Yoga Philosophy. Only Classical scriptures on yoga are dealt with here.

Besides this, considering the quest of the new yoga aspirants in mind, I have created another website: Yoga Pradipika wherein every aspect of yoga is dealt with. Yoga can learn Yoga Sutra of Patanjali there with Sanskrit original with word by word English translation, commentary of Veda Vyasa, Swami Vivekananda and Sri Osho. You can have a deeper insight here. Though published, the website is under construction only.