Hi from Chris

Greetings!

My only exposure to Yoga so far is through P90X, and it has peaked my interest. I’ve done 150 days of P90X and started off hating the Yoga X days and ended up loving them. I am currently doing Yoga X 3 days a week and Cardio the other 3 days, resting on the 7th.

I love the extra flexibility I’ve gained from it and the total body workout it gives me. Also the way I feel when I am doing it and afterwards.

Now, I know it isn’t “real Yoga”, and I am interested in getting instruction and practicing Yoga outside of the P90X DVD. Did some google searches and came up with this site…so here I am :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Mebe;59298]Greetings!

My only exposure to Yoga so far is through P90X, and it has peaked my interest. I’ve done 150 days of P90X and started off hating the Yoga X days and ended up loving them. I am currently doing Yoga X 3 days a week and Cardio the other 3 days, resting on the 7th.

I love the extra flexibility I’ve gained from it and the total body workout it gives me. Also the way I feel when I am doing it and afterwards.

Now, I know it isn’t “real Yoga”, and I am interested in getting instruction and practicing Yoga outside of the P90X DVD. Did some google searches and came up with this site…so here I am :)[/QUOTE]

Hello Chris:

What’s P90X ? Would like to know. What is the “real yoga” you have in mind?
regards
anand

[QUOTE=Mebe;59298]Greetings!

Now, I know it isn’t “real Yoga”, and I am interested in getting instruction and practicing Yoga outside of the P90X DVD. Did some google searches and came up with this site…so here I am :)[/QUOTE]

Doing P90X you?re probably most interested in the physical aspects or ?yoga asana? at this time. Therefore you may find the style ashtanga vinyasa yoga asana series interesting. Perhaps your curiosity in yoga asana may lead to probing the other 7 limbs of yoga (a comprehensive scientific system towards ones liberation). Pryor to the 2004 release of P90X 95% of my asana classes were females since then male percentage has increasing exponentially.

[QUOTE=Anand Kulkarni;59299]Hello Chris:

What’s P90X ? Would like to know. What is the “real yoga” you have in mind?
regards
anand[/QUOTE]

P90X is a workout program with 12 DVD’s of different strength, cardio, core and of course a Yoga workout. By “real yoga” I mean Yoga not adapted to supplement a particular workout program, but is a stand alone system.

[QUOTE=ray_killeen;59372]Doing P90X you?re probably most interested in the physical aspects or ?yoga asana? at this time. Therefore you may find the style ashtanga vinyasa yoga asana series interesting. Perhaps your curiosity in yoga asana may lead to probing the other 7 limbs of yoga (a comprehensive scientific system towards ones liberation). Pryor to the 2004 release of P90X 95% of my asana classes were females since then male percentage has increasing exponentially.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind :slight_smile:

Welcome Chris, I’m glad you found your way here. See you around the boards :slight_smile: