Hi from England

Hello
My name is helen. I’m from England I have recently discovered yoga.looking forward to learning from you all.
My main reason for taking up yoga is to try and improve my muscle strength in my back. I have suffered with back problems for a few years now and my doctor can give me no options in regards to easing my symptoms. She has basically told me I’m on my own so I’m hoping that yoga can give me some relief.
Any advice on different styles would be great. I feel there is so much to learn and im looking forward to the journey.

Hello from cornwall , and welcome to the forum

Hi Helen, it’s great to have you here! I hope you’re able to find relief from your back pain :slight_smile:

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Hi Im even newer from England, a very overweight almost fifty year old probably looking pretty ridiculous doing the asanas but Im not letting that stop me its brought me great peace in only the two weeks I ve been practising so Im very excited about my new life as I see it as such… welcome J

[QUOTE=rainbowj;63081]Hi Im even newer from England, a very overweight almost fifty year old probably looking pretty ridiculous doing the asanas but Im not letting that stop me its brought me great peace in only the two weeks I ve been practising so Im very excited about my new life as I see it as such… welcome J[/QUOTE]

Welcome to you too! Don’t worry about how you look. If you are finding great peace from doing the practice, then you are doing something very right. :slight_smile: