Hi, from Fordham University

Hi everyone,

I’m a football player, Football is my life. Originally from Florida, i got offered a scholarship to Fordham to play football. My junior year in high-school, one of the parents offered to teach yoga to the entire team, and another offered to teach pilates. That was my introduction to the world of yoga, 2 times a week we took turns stretching and practicing yoga in the dirty, hot, and stuffy wrestling room. That year i lost 40 lbs and became stronger than i had ever been in my life. Now im in my senior year in college, i again picked up practicing yoga with the football team after a 3 year hiatus. Spring camp rolled around and the First play of the first practice i suffered a serious injury to my knee. The MRI reveal that i had grade 3 tears in my MCL, ACL, and meniscus. Now, 2 months after the injury and about 2 and a half weeks post ACL-re-constructive surgery,meniscectomy and MCL repair surgery (all done in one, arthroscopic surgery with a patellar graft for my ACL). Now im looking at a 7month recovery before i can once again suit up to be on the grid-iron. I am doing rehab 5-6 days a week to prepare and to heal my busted knee. I know that yoga can assist in spiritual and physical strengthening and healing, in order to advance my recovery at a quicker pace i’m going to begin a new yoga constitutional. In the hopes that i can once again achieve the physical condition that i once proudly sported. Its going to be a long road and i hope to receive lots of points and ideas and to share the ups and downs of my path.

Welcome! I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you a lot on here. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=suryadaya;60363]Welcome! I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you a lot on here. :)[/QUOTE]

THank you! im pretty excited

Wow, it sounds like you’ve been through a lot! I’m glad you found your way here, I look forward to seeing you around the forum :slight_smile: