Hi from Scandinavia

Hello everyone,

Just found this forum!
I live in the south of Sweden and have been doing yoga on and off for about 10 years but since the last couple of months I have gradually built up to a daily practice. Due to weird work hours I am not in the position to take classes regularly so I mix live teachers with muscle/mind memory as well as getting guidance from my mom who is teaching hatha and sama yoga in a different part of the country.
I also spend a lot of time dancing and have found that these two practices compliment each other in quite an uncomparable way.

Happy to be here :slight_smile:
Best wishes
Pernilla

Hi Pernilla, welcome to the forum! It’s absolutely fantastic to have you here :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Nila;55775]Hello everyone,

Just found this forum!
I live in the south of Sweden and have been doing yoga on and off for about 10 years but since the last couple of months [B][U]I have gradually built up [/U][/B]to a daily practice. Due to weird work hours [B][U]I am not [/U][/B]in the position to take classes regularly so I mix live teachers with muscle/mind memory as well as [B][U]getting guidance [/U][/B]from my mom who is teaching hatha and sama yoga in a different part of the country.
I also spend a lot of time dancing and [B][U]have found [/U][/B]that these two practices compliment each other in quite an uncomparable way.

Happy to be here :slight_smile:
Best wishes
Pernilla[/QUOTE]

Pernilla,
In case, you haven’t noticed, let me try to highlight some of your words:

1. gradually built up
  2. getting guidance
  3. have found

Yoga is an inner language more than its outward expression. If you revisit the above 3 processes, you have been in Yoga more there than in “doing yoga”. Do you see what I mean? Many times in conventional thinking, we miss these beautiful but subtle processes that really work.

I have also highlighted “I am not” part, which is at times only a perceived limitation. Healing such perceptions is also Yoga. My good wishes to you.

[QUOTE=Suhas Tambe;56010]Pernilla,
In case, you haven’t noticed, let me try to highlight some of your words:

1. gradually built up
  2. getting guidance
  3. have found

Yoga is an inner language more than its outward expression. If you revisit the above 3 processes, you have been in Yoga more there than in “doing yoga”. Do you see what I mean? Many times in conventional thinking, we miss these beautiful but subtle processes that really work.

I have also highlighted “I am not” part, which is at times only a perceived limitation. Healing such perceptions is also Yoga. My good wishes to you.[/QUOTE]

Hej Suhas,

No I hadn’t noticed! Thank you for the highlights.
I do see that my Swedish -> English translation is somewhat lacking in clarity but even so, words are words are reflections of thoughts…

[QUOTE=David;56006]Hi Pernilla, welcome to the forum! It’s absolutely fantastic to have you here :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much :slight_smile: