How could Yoga help me earn more money?

I’m interested to use Yoga to help me to make money but I can not see how :slight_smile: …could you help me in this direction? Or Yoga has nothing in common with businesses?

1 Like

I used yoga to get my body in tip top shape. This gave me more self esteem which led to more confidence which I used in the job interviewing process. The routine of being dedicated to my practice allow me to use the same determination for my job. Thus resulting in more advances for being the first to arrive in the morning, the one to complain the least and the one to always volounteer for projects.
This led me down a path from making 40k a year to making 75k a year.

If you’re talking about teaching yoga classes for money, well, good luck.
If you have the tranining, and the certifications to make people feel warm and fuzzy and the discipline to keep your students safe and the personality to keep them coming back and the passion that will make them run and sign up their friends, and a nice space that you can easily afford, and the time to teach about 4 or 5 classes a day, then you might make a living at it.
Otherwise, I Feel the best things in life are free and think that there is a special place in heaven reserved for those who give free yoga classes.

[QUOTE=ionutcib;62012]I’m interested to use Yoga to help me to make money but I can not see how :slight_smile: …could you help me in this direction? Or Yoga has nothing in common with businesses?[/QUOTE]

Open a yoga store, hire the best marketing team you can afford, brand your own stuff that relate to modern consumer with disposable income, expand quickly and with targeted intent, then blow your competition out of the water.

I am a beginner in Yoga , although I have studied it and practice it a little about 7 years ago.
Should I focus on Yoga and then the money will come or should I focus on making money in order to have a better practice, confidence for Yoga? I think it should be a balance in life between these.

You may practice Bhakti Yoga and plead Lord Vishnu or her consort Sri Lakshmi to bestow fortune on your life.

http://urperfectsite.traffic4pros.com/uncategorized/mahalakshmi-laxmi-mantra-shri-yantra-wealth-giving

All yours!

[QUOTE=ionutcib;62022]I am a beginner in Yoga , although I have studied it and practice it a little about 7 years ago.
Should I focus on Yoga and then the money will come or should I focus on making money in order to have a better practice, confidence for Yoga? I think it should be a balance in life between these.[/QUOTE]

Your path will depend upon the context of your life.

Determine what you want and go get it.

“You may practice Bhakti Yoga and plead Lord Vishnu or her consort Sri Lakshmi to bestow fortune on your life.”

Desiring to see one’s own reflection, one leaps into the water. Perhaps, some “help” may be useful for one who has already come to a transformation, but for one who is in a deep sleep - it is just another means to nourish your ego.

“I’m interested to use Yoga to help me to make money but I can not see how …could you help me in this direction? Or Yoga has nothing in common with businesses?”

No, it has nothing whatsoever to do with business. When one is speaking of “yoga”, one is not speaking of all of those things that you may be already familiar with, the various postures and breathing exercises. The word yoga itself means “Union”, that is - if you come to a state of consciousness in which you have a direct perception into your own true nature, then you are in a state of yoga. Any means which leads towards this, is a method towards yoga. If you are interested in making money, then yes you can do what many others have done in the West, and teach a form of physical exercise in the name of “yoga”, there is a high demand for it. But it has nothing whatsoever to do with yoga.

[QUOTE=AmirMourad;62031] Any means which leads towards this, is a method towards yoga. If you are interested in making money, then yes you can do what many others have done in the West, and teach a form of physical exercise in the name of “yoga”, there is a high demand for it. But it has nothing whatsoever to do with yoga.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with the statement in the last sentence. Perhaps someone may enroll in a Class of Asanas that is not anywhere near traditional to a Hatha practice. However, within that class they might find a trail of bread crumbs that leads to the full path of yoga.

[QUOTE=AmirMourad;62031]If you are interested in making money, then yes you can do what many others have done in the West, and teach a form of physical exercise in the name of “yoga”, there is a high demand for it. But it has nothing whatsoever to do with yoga.[/QUOTE]

I find tonnes of money-generating asana/exercise-focused yoga classes in India, some of them with instructors who are barely trained and care very little about their students, just trying to make money off travelers and tourists. There are substandard yoga teacher trainings offered all over the northern continent that take anyone as a student, fail to teach them any philosophy, and send them back home with a certification from ‘authentic india’ even when they haven’t met qualitifications. Why do you isolate this type of behavior only to the ‘west’? It’s obviously everywhere, even in our own back yard.

That being said - the poster above me is right. The student’s path determines whether they will learn from the worst of teachers, or fail to learn from the best of teachers. I’ve seen both.

[B]ionutcib [/B]- [B]When you ask if you can make money from yoga, are you asking whether to become a teacher, or whether doing yoga will help you to become a better business person?[/B]

JSK,

“I disagree with the statement in the last sentence. Perhaps someone may enroll in a Class of Asanas that is not anywhere near traditional to a Hatha practice. However, within that class they might find a trail of bread crumbs that leads to the full path of yoga”

Even if one becomes involved in sadhana, with a burning fire of desire to come to know oneself, through and through, and plunges into the work of the expansion of consciousness - it still has nothing to do with yoga. Because yoga has nothing to do with any number of techniques or methods that one may be speaking about, it is a certain state of consciousness. If you come to a direct perception of your own original nature, then you are in a state of Union. If you have yet to realize oneself and are making an effort, then perhaps you are on the path. But you are not in yoga.

suryadaya,

“Why do you isolate this type of behavior only to the ‘west’? It’s obviously everywhere, even in our own back yard.”

When I have said the “West”, I did not mean the physical direction, I was speaking of the Western culture and attitude which has scattered itself almost all over the whole Earth in a way which is not too different than the Roman Empire.

Yes it is not a situation which is recent or unique. It has always been the case. Even for those who may have come to realize higher states of consciousness which rarely ever enter into one’s ordinary experience, there have been false teachers who have been speaking of things which have not yet entered into their experience, pretending as though they know, deceiving themselves and the whole crowd.

[QUOTE=AmirMourad;62088]JSK,

“I disagree with the statement in the last sentence. Perhaps someone may enroll in a Class of Asanas that is not anywhere near traditional to a Hatha practice. However, within that class they might find a trail of bread crumbs that leads to the full path of yoga”

Even if one becomes involved in sadhana, with a burning fire of desire to come to know oneself, through and through, and plunges into the work of the expansion of consciousness - it still has nothing to do with yoga. Because yoga has nothing to do with any number of techniques or methods that one may be speaking about, it is a certain state of consciousness. If you come to a direct perception of your own original nature, then you are in a state of Union. If you have yet to realize oneself and are making an effort, then perhaps you are on the path. But you are not in yoga.[/QUOTE]

First of all, what does sadhana have to do with getting to know oneself? I feel like you’re splitting hairs in an attempt to save face.

Hatha is a limb of yoga.

[QUOTE=FlexPenguin;62021]Open a yoga store, hire the best marketing team you can afford, brand your own stuff that relate to modern consumer with disposable income, expand quickly and with targeted intent, then blow your competition out of the water.[/QUOTE]

Actually it’s much more profitable to become a guru. There are lots of suckers out there.

[QUOTE=ionutcib;62012]I’m interested to use Yoga to help me to make money but I can not see how :slight_smile: …could you help me in this direction? Or Yoga has nothing in common with businesses?[/QUOTE]

You could also achieve some siddhis and materialize jewels and golden rolex watches like Satya Sai Baba…

You could then make bankers and politicians disappear and bring peace and happiness to earth…

jnana / gnosis / wisdom

JSK,

“First of all, what does sadhana have to do with getting to know oneself?”

Everything. If you do not understand that the whole process of yoga is just this, then you know nothing whatsoever of yoga.

[QUOTE=Asuri;62110]Actually it’s much more profitable to become a guru. There are lots of suckers out there.[/QUOTE]

So very true. The Beatles went to India and learned how to really be a rock star. Sex, drugs, money, and rock and roll baby. Bikramize your yogic experience to the max to discover the true path to enlightenment - the yellow brick (gold bars) road to Emerald City.

Guru - no initial investment. No inventory. No rent. No employees. Only endless streams of clients more than willing to give over.

I’m quitting my day job!

[QUOTE=AmirMourad;62127]JSK,

“First of all, what does sadhana have to do with getting to know oneself?”

Everything. If you do not understand that the whole process of yoga is just this, then you know nothing whatsoever of yoga.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

Yoga can indeed be linked with business in many ways. For instance, the discipline and focus learned through yoga can be incredibly beneficial in a business setting. Just like how AmeriSave reviews reflect their efficiency and attention to detail, yoga can help in honing these same skills. Moreover, yoga can open avenues for entrepreneurial ventures such as teaching, wellness coaching, or even creating yoga-related products. The key is to creatively blend your yoga practice with your business goals.