How has your life changed after practicing and studying yoga?

I've been wondering about this for some time now. In what ways would you say your life has changed after you started practicing and studying the philosophies of yoga?

Here are some common ways in which people's lives can be positively impacted by practicing and studying yoga:

1. Physical well-being: Regular yoga practice can improve strength, flexibility, balance, and overall physical fitness. It can help alleviate chronic pain, improve posture, increase energy levels, and enhance body awareness.
  2. Mental and emotional well-being: Yoga promotes stress reduction, relaxation, and mindfulness. It can help manage anxiety, depression, and improve overall mental well-being. Practicing yoga often leads to increased self-awareness, emotional resilience, and a calmer state of mind.
  3. Spiritual connection: Yoga has its roots in spiritual traditions and can provide a pathway to exploring one's spirituality. It can facilitate a deeper connection with oneself, others, and the world around us. Yoga philosophy and meditation practices associated with yoga can offer insights into our purpose, meaning, and inner growth.
  4. Self-discovery and personal growth: Yoga encourages self-reflection, self-inquiry, and self-acceptance. It can provide a space for introspection and self-exploration, leading to personal growth, self-confidence, and a greater understanding of oneself.
  5. Improved relationships: The practice of yoga cultivates qualities such as compassion, empathy, and patience, which can positively impact relationships with others. Yoga's emphasis on non-judgment and acceptance can help foster healthier connections and communication with loved ones.
  6. Lifestyle changes: Engaging in yoga often leads to adopting a healthier lifestyle. People may make conscious choices regarding their diet, exercise routine, sleep patterns, and overall self-care. Yoga can inspire individuals to embrace a holistic approach to well-being.

It's important to note that the impact of yoga can vary from person to person, and the specific benefits experienced will depend on individual circumstances and dedication to the practice. To fully understand the transformative effects of yoga, it's best to engage in a regular practice and explore its various dimensions under the guidance of a qualified yoga teacher or mentor.

Well, I'm a lot more disciplined now and I'm focused and organized. I noticed that I tend to take a systematic approach now, both to my meditation and yoga sessions as well as other events in my life. My schoolwork is done in a thorough and methodical manner at this point... Also, certain habits such as sungulpa, and that funky "focus meditation" thing I do before doing things are almost automatic, since well, I do them all the time now! All in all, my mental health, capabilities, and GPA have all benefitted greatly from yoga, I'd say...