How to heal chakras

I am new on this site…i have a question…I was on some site and and it had some techniques to heal your chakra’s … There was one for the base chakra where you have to patch base chakra energy leaks. it was something like imagine covering the energy leak from tailbone with a patch.then imagine you can go beneath the energy and make it reverse so it goes up to your body through the tailbone or something. Was this safe to do? there were 2 other techniques to open crown chakra and activate 3rd chakra… I only tried the base chakra one… Was i suppose to do all three together? I feel anxious and kind of worried if i did the base chakra one right. Do you guys think it was safe ? Please answer… Thanks.

I have a link but not sure if this site allows to post links from other sites?

1 Like

Welcome Jack,

Regarding the web link you could always try:

hxxp://www.thelinkyouwantopost.com

If this is’nt clear then feel free to ask again.

To attempt to answer your post,
I could say I’m totally sure exactly which techniques you might be referring to so posting the link might aid in an answer.But visualisation and imagintion is part of internal yoga.Certainly sounds interesting.Any chakra work is often part of a multi-faceted dimensional practice though it does’nt have to be.

The visualisation of “patches” sounds interesting.I sometimes imgaine the cakras as little balls of energy slightly smaller than golfballs, from vishudidi down to about a half-1 inch up from the perineum ( in males that is, one reputable source puts the location of the muladhara/base cakra in women at the cervix) if that’s of any interest.There are many technqiues & approaches from many different traditions and schools.You could always elaborate on more specifics if possible if you like…

Thanks…

Hi Jack,

The chakra-opening techniques i am semi-familiar with are ,within the context of the Satyananda yoga tradition, used for preparing the subtle bodty for the very powerful kundalini kriya yoga practices taught within that particular school.The uses & techniques are manifold however and could be used to strengthen, as it were ,other yogas you may or may not be using.

As i have become a bit of a collector of esoteric practices i am naturally curious what the link is you’re talking about. I would be wary of any " new-agey" sounding stuff though…Not to say it does’nt work but it sometimes does’nt sound as credible as stuff from more genuine “time-tested & honoured” authorities. .So you could do your best to try to explain if possible any origins of this knowledge you have acquired.Yoga does and is always evolving however like anything else.Not everything stays completely still after all ; new understandings evolve and so on…

Hi Core and thanks for replying… Im trying to post the link but it says you can only do so if you have 15 posts or more?

OK- i think i can remotely view the link;).

If you don’t mind i’m just gonna share it here so a wider audience can take a look at it:-

http://blog.thehealersway.com/carol-tuttle-chakra-healing-systems

Thanks.

The ability to concentrate is linked to purification of the subtler levels like the mind & beyond.Folk that run into difficulties with purifying the energy body may not have this or understand the meaning & significance of meditation, how to experience the blissful states condicive to healing i might add that may arise. learning how to move energy in the subtle body and identify stagnant areas of obstructions is part of the learning curve but it can be done with a little practice. maybe not over night but in time. does’nt take that long if you’re commited and want to learn.

Is it safe?

That question would be better posed to the author of that site at least or the techniques mentioned on that site.

Do you practice or have learnt some:-

asana
simple pranayama
meditation technique
understand the essence of yoga
cultivateed a practice habit, a desire to practice and so on.

then you want to look into these things.

yoga is a holistic science developed over thousands of years. i can point you to resources and share what i think i’ve learnt but the real test is a willingness to try and practice the technqiues.The rest mostly takes care of itself. once you’ve amassed good knowledge and guidance.

at the heart of yoga is the nervous system- this is your doorway into the divine.

i personally don’t see the energy body as leaking or that energy comes through the crown- it’s not the model i use.i more see obstructions and that the energy can rise up the main channel or nadi, the suhumna once enough balance(ida & pingala) and purification has occured . I tend to take the newagey sounding stuff that deos’nt seem to be anchored in any identifiable age-old yogic tradtion with a pinch of salt. I may be pre-judging but there is likely so much info. on the esoteric and one ha to be selective how much and the level of quality we are reading.My gut feeling is wht is being suggested is wishy-washy. even the title is a big give-away- "depression etc "

Although yoga can and will cure health problems what it does reaaly aspire for is for the spureme elevation of consciousness .

I’m not saying the info. is unsound as i have not practiced the techniques.

Do you practice asana ,pranayam or meditation, yoga, tantra,bhakti yoga(perhaps go to church, have a faith or religion say)?

I like to stick to the science of yoga, what can be proven with my own experience. 100% practice & 5% theory. What does this mean? Devote yourself single-mindedly and cultivate a patient but steady yearning to practice using time-tested techniques preferably (but by no means always) whenever you can and you should’nt really fail.

Think about:-

karma yoga- try to avoid squandering your mind on the tendency to attach to things. cultivate the ability to focus/concentrate & tap into it’s latent potential, will-power. help others exactly & principally by helping yourself. this is a useful & enlightening teaching, the divine naturally flows and radiates outwarsd once you tap into it’s transformational potential.
bhakti yoga= yearning for more , the divine, human spiritual potential ,expansion of consciousness
raja yoga( which includes hatha yoga- go try a postures/asana class if you have’nt already )
jnana yoga(applied philosophy and more science-what does it all mean. Is there an objective practical & mystical to all of this?)

Yoga is not really dogmatic- it is a quantum science practiced or experienced by yourself, the results speak for themselves - lbut living observing how the yamas & niyama interesct and infrom those other branches should pay dividends.

Yoga is not really dogmatic or does’nt appear to be that much but it does request some dedication though- it is a quantum science practiced or experienced by yourself, the results speak for themselves - lbut living observing how the yamas & niyama interesct and inform those other branches mentioned above should pay dividends.

Hi …i haven’t tried yoga before(maybe some exercises) but will be starting my first class. i don’t remember how i found that site it was from google. I was searching some stuff related to depression and chakras maybe and it came up. I have anxiety disorders(OCD,panic,fear and stuf lke that) and it started from alcohol i thiink about 5-6 years ago. I take antidpressants and i feel ok. Well i stopped taking my medicine and started drinking again 5-6 months ago for about 3 months(haven’t drank since 5-6 months) and i think i may have depression with anxiety . Anxiety i know i have for sure. Maybe the alcohol and anxiety lead to depression? Its alright now(depression) but feel real anxious nowadays. Thats why i was asking if its safe? I keep thinking maybe thats whats making me feel real anxious lately. I left a comment for the author.

Now i’ am just trying to feel better without taking some medicine. Thats why i want to start doing yoga.

Dump the alcohol and try to get off the medication your doc may be supplying you with any applicable guidance there(you may need a tapering strategy there) & see if you can try & learn some pranayam & meditation and some v. gentle asanas may be beneifical also.It is a hard to say.

Maybe the alcohol and anxiety lead to depression?
There’s no doubt about it.It certainly can’t help. Don’t beat yourself up if you have a drink but let these things fall away , i.e give up on you( is a good approach),as you become more familiar with the tools and yearn for something more in life which of course there is.

I used to be addicted to intravenous heroin & methadaone for about ten years and ive had weaknesses for say alcohol and tobacco so i know where you’re coming from. The journey of a thousand miles starts with your first step.

Dump the alcohol and try to dump your meds or try to taper off with the guidance & advice of your doc assuming you have a good relationship there and he/she is someone you get on with well enough(respect trust etc this can make a difference - how you get on with your doc/healer- what the relationship is like).Then gradually when you feel comfortable if you’re still on a precription you should hopefully feel you can rely more on yoga to feel well , healthy & better.Fantastic halth is a great side-effect of the higher aims of yoga which is supreme elevation and expansion of consciousness, both individually and collectively- they are i believe the same thing, intertwined.Evolution does’nt occur in isolation.There was some jnani yogi dude called Sri Aurodbindo that roughly talked along those lines.

Try & get yourself along to a competent & well -qualifed yoga teacher so you can see how asana and the other limbs of the “eight-limbed path”(ashtanga yoga) might work for you.It’s a good enough entrance point as any.

i stopped taking the medicine cold turkey 8months ago then started drinking which wasn’t a real smart thing to do. I use to smoke marijuana started 2006 quit recently about 3 months ago.things got out of control. I don’t think i’ll ever be able to drink again though.

I think depression can be symptom of feeling impotent in ourlife, not feeling we can shape and influence it, feel powerless… I would’nt use the word control because i think at least i think i’ve learnt in yoga that the deisre to control may not be healthy, and is i would say an obstacle in a deepening practice. In yoga we let-go to what is, our true nature, our real self.

We all have this idea of who we imagine we are- a coolection of stories , narratives of our projected self,memories,the past.

So what you want to do is- identify areas(i.e in your life etc) ,easier said than done i know,that are probably not serving you, in fact most likely are not - so you dump the alchohol, mary-jane or any regular use thereof.

And i would learn pranayama,meditation and some asana preferably if you that is possible and i know it can be very difficult to find one i.e an experienced knowledgable teacher who has the time and commitment to offer to you & to yoga and can steer a way, a proper course. Then you can continue to practice at home. Watch teh results unfold before you. Be amazed. Just keep at it.The transitions don’t have to be sudden but gradual; in fact much better and much safer that way… But if you make a resolve or two you can get the carnival, this bus, happy caravan on the road.

Idenitfy those areas in your life you don’t think may be serrving you and try to ditch them.You can keep the ones that maybe are servong you. Be patient and continue.

Just get rid of the rubbish(i.e the nonsense)the drugs, the attachments, of whatever shape or form, becuase that’s what they are.They don’t serve you.They may work on a medicinal level but that is only very temporarily. They don’t provide cures.

P.S Take what you’ve learned ,as external teachers are only guides though useful nonethelss, and practise religiously whilst still observing the principle of self-pacing. The rate at which you purify yourself should be in line with the extent of purification that has taken place as well as the pace at which it is on-gpoing, occuring.

(CONTINUED from above-- as i was timed out-----)

Take what you’ve learned ,as external teachers are only guides though useful nonethelss, and practise religiously (although not too quickly!) whilst still observing the principle of self-pacing. What is self-pacing exactly you might well ask? Weel it relates to the fact that the rate at which you should aim to purify yourself should be in line with the extent of purification that has taken place as well as the pace at which it is or has been on-going, occuring as we speak…So we incorporate any loose ends and try our best at integration, in one’s life and in one’s practice.This is what i try to do.

Hi, Core789 thanks for replying back very useful info. I have another question if you don’t mind? Kind of connected to what were already discussing.

Last year summer of 2009 i had the same problem i started drinking alcohol again (after 5 years ) and then felt depressed i took antidepressants then things got better. You know about whats going on recently as i wrote in my last posts How i drank alcohol again now i feel the same way (still depressed…sometimes anxious sometimes depressed can’t really explain the feeling) …But this time I don’t want to take antidepressants… Will yoga help me get rid of my depression ?

I went to my first ever yoga class yesterday. I felt kind of good after a long time but still feel i have a long way to go.

Hi Jack,

Yes, get rid of the anti-depressants, if you feel ready to do that.Dump them if you can.And adopt a practice to replace it.The problem with mainstream medicine is it tends to just treat the symptoms and not the causes. Yoga tends to more adress the roots causes better & prevents poor-health from taking hold. Diet & lifestyle options are taken into account.There’s only so much time a doc can spare for each individual patient and then assessments are often farily limited unless you are dying or paying through the nose. Yoga does serve to empower the individual by allowing them to become more activiely involed in their own treatment. Medication medicine is usually treats the symptoms and often may just serve as a temporary fix only for the symptoms to move perhaps manifest somewhere else. It moves them around. Diet, lifestyle,goodliving is a good to observe if you want to have a useful fulfflling life.There’s only so much you can learn about life and more importantly your self sitting in the pub staring through the bottom of a beer glass or whether you may be inclined to drink in your home or wherever & whenever you can.It’s all pretty unconstructive in terms of making the best use of your time here beyond and as well as incl. the usual function of acting as a social luibricant at times.

Yoga takes a long-time to learn.I’ve been at it for about 5 years and every year i feel my practice matures somwhat.So as long as the results unfold by the hour, the day the week, the month, the year , then you feel like you are learning , unlearning might be more accurate … It’s more about learning about yourself.what your life can be. Great health is a side-effect of a regular practice- the results are far more profound than that.

Get rid of the anti-depressants and the alchol whnever you feel comfroatble and replace these appatent feel-good fixes with something more natural and long-lasting & permanent. once you’ve taught yourself the basics you then have avery poweerful tools for improving your health & making yourself feel good. It is a great gift that money can’t really buy or booze can treat.

You say you went to your first yoga class. I remeber the words of one older than me wise man though he did’nt do traditional yoga but when i told him i was attending classes to feel ebtter he told me TO STICK AT IT, although this was enouraging advice i think would have stuck at it any way as at that point in my life i had just has the good fortune to taper of a methadone script and i had nothing to lose then. If you’v got nothing to lose you are really at ggod place than many others because you’ve got everything to gain.I started practicing yogasanas- the postures religiously geting up at 4,5,6 am in the morning as i was completely converted. Theresults spoke for themselves.In about 6 weeks any cravings for diamorphin,aka “heroin”, opioids had completely gone. In as sense i had re-wired the reward system,that i need this drug to function,the habituation, that i had set up in my own mind-body matrix.

STICK WITH THE CLASSES. Try & work out some kind of deal with the teacher/studio also if money happens to be tight. Also see if you wish to make giant strides in yoga go tyry & hunt down a teacher of the complete practice that teaches more than just the postures. I realise this is your first class so you have made the first moves. The rest will follow & unfold.

I don’t know all the health issues you might have.But yoga adresses the picture from the way you view life, to the way you handle relationships, learn about the meaning of self-discovery and development, free up your mind and usual conditionings, as well as diet exercise,meditation breath control and lifestyle options…

SO STICK WITH THE YOGA CLASSES.Try and get a discount on any lessons you might have and find an experienced teacher of the whole practice- asana, pranayama & meditation. I realise that is probably a bit much seen as you’ve just got some formal instruction or guidance for the first time but from a longer-term perspective i believe it is sound advice.

When you hit rock-bottom it can create very promising and optimal conditions for a very fruitful and nourshing practice and folk in such a situationall to freq. seem to profit the most. One of life’s ironies i guess. You have to help yourself essentially , yoga empowers you with tools, because no-one else is goona do it for you or the help others may offer invariably is limited or does’nt offer the cure.With yoga the process involes h jounreying deep within yours self to find out what your capable of using those any or ideally all of those tools i mentioned together with a littleapplciation of the applied philosophy and knowledge you will pick up along the way. The key word is practice . The more you practice the more these good habits are set up to replace older unconstructive ones.That is essnetially what you’re doing. It’s abit liking re-booting a computer when you first begin and continue- you keep on cleaning out all the stuff that collects every so while.After a while your life is experienced as an unending continuum of bliss, esctasy, joy and lasting profound happiness.

Thanks, every time i read your posts i learn something new …I just came back from class. How long will it take to remember everything they teach like roughly (1-2 weeks?). Its kind of confusing sometimes (forget when to inhale and exhale when i am doing postures and sometimes do my postures wrong). Another thing is it’s a group class. But one thing i know for sure after only 2 classes i am feeling better.

A couple of weeks and you won’t be looking at others as much to work out what the postures are.Generally speaking exhales follow flexion, forward bending/folding while inhales accompany extension or backwards bending/stretching, respectively.

I had a free yoga class pass when i started which helped ,as well as nothing to lose.

Try Sahaja yoga.

Healing and balancing the chakras is a holistic practice that involves addressing the energy centers within the body to promote physical, mental, and emotional well-being. The chakras are believed to be spinning wheels of energy located along the spine, each associated with different aspects of our being. Here are ways to promote healing and balance in the chakras:

1. Understanding the Chakras:

• Familiarize yourself with the seven main chakras, their locations, colors, and associated qualities. These are:
      1. Root Chakra (Muladhara)
      2. Sacral Chakra (Svadhisthana)
      3. Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura)
      4. Heart Chakra (Anahata)
      5. Throat Chakra (Vishuddha)
      6. Third Eye Chakra (Ajna)
      7. Crown Chakra (Sahasrara)
  2. Chakra Meditation:

• Practice chakra meditation to bring awareness and balance to each energy center. Visualize each chakra as a spinning wheel of light, focusing on its color and associated qualities. Guided chakra meditations are widely available and can be beneficial.
  3. Breathwork (Pranayama):

• Engage in pranayama (breathwork) to stimulate and balance the flow of energy. Specific breathwork exercises, such as alternate nostril breathing (Nadi Shodhana), can be tailored to each chakra.
  4. Chakra Affirmations:

• Use positive affirmations to bring attention and healing energy to each chakra. Affirmations can be spoken or silently repeated during meditation, focusing on the specific qualities associated with each energy center.
  5. Chakra Visualization:

• Visualize healing energy flowing through each chakra. Imagine a vibrant, balanced energy center, free of blockages. Visualization can be combined with meditation or practiced independently.
  6. Yoga Asanas:

• Certain yoga poses are believed to activate and balance specific chakras. For example, heart-opening poses like Camel Pose or Cobra Pose can benefit the Heart Chakra, while grounding poses like Tree Pose support the Root Chakra.
  7. Crystal Healing:

• Crystals are thought to have vibrational energies that can align with and enhance the energy of the chakras. Place crystals associated with each chakra on the corresponding area during meditation or carry them throughout the day.
  8. Sound Healing:

• Each chakra is associated with a specific sound or mantra. Chanting these sounds or listening to chakra-specific music or singing bowls can help balance and align the energy centers.
  9. Color Therapy:

• Use color therapy to influence the chakras. Surround yourself with or visualize the colors associated with each chakra. For example, red for the Root Chakra and blue for the Throat Chakra.
  10. Reiki and Energy Healing:

• Receive energy healing sessions, such as Reiki, from a qualified practitioner. These modalities aim to clear energy blockages and promote balance within the chakras.
  11. Healthy Lifestyle:

• Adopt a healthy lifestyle that includes a balanced diet, regular exercise, and sufficient sleep. Physical well-being contributes to the overall balance of the chakras.

It's essential to approach chakra healing with an open mind and listen to your body's responses. Consistency in practice, combined with self-awareness, can contribute to a more harmonious flow of energy throughout the chakra system. If you have specific concerns or health issues, it's advisable to consult with a healthcare professional or energy healing practitioner.