In a yoga class it?s 80% single women who want to go out with you

OK I did not say that, Its on the blog by jamesaltucher.com. The question was

My dating life has become nonexistent. It’s Spring and I’m not tolerating this anymore. Any advice to kick start it?

and one of the answers was

For god’s sake, how can a guy who wants to date not go to a yoga class. In a yoga class it’s 80% single women who WANT to go out with you. And you get in shape while you’re waiting for the phone numbers to come rolling in.

I do not know how the author came to this conclusion. I hit the Yoga studio all most every day and I do not see it like a coffee house or bar. I walk in, do my practice and walk out, the only talking is thanking the teacher. Its just not me , every one in my Yoga class do the same.

Try smiling at a girl you see often and say hello. Then ask her name. That’s a start. At my studio we have a lounge area where spontaneous conversations often happen after class. Many new friendships forged. I’ve been out with a few for beers or tea. Friends on Facebook, etc. It just takes a bit if effort.

But, pretty sure not all the women are there to be picked up or man-handled :slight_smile:

So I’ve looked at the blog in question, which is the whole point of the fellows web site; “come look at me and read what I have to say”.

Second, he’s responding to a question supposedly from a reader.

Third, he makes several suggestions, of which this yoga assertion is but one.

Part of the practice of yoga is coming out from the shadows behind which we all hide, to one degree or another. The student who always sits in the front and Oms like a fog horn, that student would need direction to be softer and perhaps no be a thumb. The student who always goes in the back and barely utters two words, that student would need to integrate and often speak up. It is how the practice serves the uniqueness of the individual.

If you only go and mind your own business and take the practice (too) seriously, try talking to someone and taking something a bit lighter. If this takes you out of your comfort zone, all the better (for your growth as a human being).

HOWEVER, the intention in what I’m outlining is YOUR personal growth, not trolling class for your next serial dating conquest. And yes I understand it was not YOU who wrote the text. I’m using editorial license.

Yoga classes come in all shapes and sizes, with all sorts of weirdness, energies, intentions, and neurosis. Trolling for dates is included on the list. But there’s nothing wrong with two people meeting in a studio or class and pursuing a sincere union.

[QUOTE=yogajay;72724]In a yoga class it?s 80% single women who WANT to go out with you. [/QUOTE]

I have been to a number of Yoga classes, did not want to go out with any guy there and hope I have not given anyone any other impression.

Sorry for this frank sentence, but I really dislike it if people think, women want something, even if the women not say so or even say the opposite.

I have a hard time believing that 80% are single and available or are they cheating?

I feel like the author exaggerates it to get more readers.

I’m a little ambivalent about this. I looked at the blog and I don’t get the impression that this guy is into yoga. I understand the logic behind the statement, I mean if you want to pick apples, you have to go to a place where apples are growing. There definitely are lots of women who do yoga, so if you’re looking for single women, a yoga studio would seem like a logical place to go. You put yourself into their environment, and if you play your cards right, maybe something good happens.

On the other hand, the fact that yoga classes are 80% (or more) women is probably the main reason I don’t go. In my experience, the guys who work out with the girls generally aren’t the guys girls want to go out with. You stand a much better chance of getting a date if you [I]buy[/I] the yoga studio.

I guess I would need to look at the website, but this gentleman obviously has had completely different experiences than I have ever had. The Yoga studios I have studied at have all had older, professional women not looking for anything other than self exploration from Yoga.

Guess it could happen though.

Less than a decade ago yoga was thought to be a thoroughly female pursuit. A hatha yoga class, was a ?chick thing?? an ?estrogen fest?, and most definitely not for men. Those days are long gone. A Harris poll commissioned by Yoga Journal a few years ago suggests that men now make up 23 percent of America?s 15 million hatha yoga enthusiasts.

More Men Practicing Hatha Yoga

I would be horrified to have a guy give me attention in a yoga class. I think it’s not a good place to do that. People are concentrating on their practice. Just my opinion.

[QUOTE=newperson1;72798]I would be horrified to have a guy give me attention in a yoga class. I think it’s not a good place to do that. People are concentrating on their practice. Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I agree. If a guy tried to pick my up in yoga class I would think he was a creeper. Did you ever see that ‘inapporpriate yoga guy’ video. It’s hilarious. I used to have it on my old website. Here it is on YouTube

[QUOTE=YogiMoni;72807]I agree. If a guy tried to pick my up in yoga class I would think he was a creeper. Did you ever see that ‘inapporpriate yoga guy’ video. It’s hilarious. I used to have it on my old website. Here it is on YouTube[/QUOTE]

Are you reading boys…CREEPER!..Hahahaahahah

Newperson and yogimoni it does not have to be a guy that gives attention in the class but maybe some people start to chat afterwards and one thing could lead to another. There are many different scenarios. And it does not have to be creepy. I agree however that if someone go to a yogaclass because they think they would get laid they are immature.
But i wouldnt think it was creepy. I have not dated anyone from yoga for your info.

People can meet in most strange situations. I would prefer to meet someone from yoga than from a bar. But i dont go to bars as i stopped drinking many years ago.

One of my instructors is marrying a guy she met at a yoga studio. Lovely enough fellow.

Oh, shame on you! Come to yoga class for chicks!
kidding…