Incontinence

I still continue to struggle with incntinence- what a bother! … There is no control at all now! ----But it could be worse, guess. Nobody told me to expect this at all! The draining started up again a few days after getting home from hospital following the hysterectomy. Any suggestions on what to do?

yoga exercises can help for incontinence. Do yogic kegels (technically called Mula bandha - root lock) which consist of lying on back knees up and tightening pelvic floor muscles around anus and vagina on every exhale. Do it progressively stronger - mild at first then gradually to full strength for 1-2 minutes at a time. Needs to be done hourly and can make a real difference in couple of days? Also do brief periods 10-20 seconds when sitting and standing. Key is to coordinate tightening of lower abdomen as well as pelvic floor muscles with the exhales. Then also do it with bridge pose and pelvic tilts see my big book, Structural Yoga Therapy on page 166-169 for more details. Hope this helps soon. Also read my book about yoga breathing as this can help with internal organs too - see pages 47-56. Especially do intercostal breathing – pg. 55 – for a few moments after lower pelvic breathing contractions.