Introduction to Therapeutic Sound workshop, 14th October, London

This 4-hour intensive workshop is designed for anyone interested in finding out more about therapeutic sound: the huge potential of sound to help us deeply relax, to release blockages and tensions both physical & mental, to help with anxiety and depression, to relieve pain, to reduce anger, to energise & focus. Particularly targeted at people working in related fields - such as yoga teachers - who are interested in incorporating therapeutic sound into their work.

In a small group (no more than 8) you will get the chance to:

• learn the different playing techniques for: large gongs, Himalayan singing bowls, quartz crystal singing bowls, Burmese spinning gongs, Javanese bronze gamelan instruments, and other therapeutic percussion

• practice your deep listening skills

• design and play a short “sound bath” for your fellow-attendees

• find out about the effects of different instruments/techniques, how to go about creating altered states of consciousness through sound, grounding techniques

• find out practical information about where to buy them and what to look out for when choosing instruments

• have a “taste” of therapeutic voice work (chanting, over-toning)

• share experiences and ask questions

The workshop will be in my tranquil & spacious home studio space in Clapham Common.

Cost of attending is £80/£70 early bird if you book before the end of September.

Included in the price is a space for you at my gong bath that evening at Synchronicity Studio just up the road in Clapham North.

Concessions available.

Contact me, Cathy Eastburn, on 07590 366990 or via my website sarasasound.com