Is doing yoga in ac room harmful?

hi everyone…

nice to meet u…i am new to this wonderful site of yoga…i am an indian and have been practicing yoga for the past 8 months…

recently i have to relocate to middle east due to my job…since it is very hot here, have to use Air conditioner all time ie 24x7…

Is it harmful of doing yoga in AC ROOM…ESPECIALLY DOING PRANAYAMA AND BREATHING EXERCISES IN COLD ROOM…

could anyone please reply to my query…

best wishes…

if it is not possible to practice without AC then just make it so that it is not cold.

it is probably not harmful to do yoga with AC …but being cold makes it much more difficult than if you are warm.
prananyama is much better done in FRESH air…beach or countryside…

So long as you are not cold, then it should not be a problem. Cold rooms and strong air blowing make some people very stiff in the neck, shoulders, and other joints. This could make it not so easy to move carefully, and increase risk of injury. Practice with awareness and be sure you warm up appropriately for your environment.

If the air is cold and dry it can also make the nostrils and throat sore after some practice. This could cause some issues for breathing comfortably or any practice of pranayama. If you encounter this, then try to keep the a/c low when you practice, so that the air can be more moist, or practice a time of day when you do not need the air on so much - like early in the morning.

Otherwise, there is no innate detriment to a/c. It is always good to practice where you are most comfortable, so just be very aware and you should be fine.