Is the OT the most barbaric and savage scripture in the world?

[QUOTE=The Scales;46129]There you go projecting again. I thought you gave that up? Not a big boi yet?

I doubt you’ve read the bible. Truth be told. Other than to google “Barbaric Acts in the Bible.”

Why do I always win? Because I stand for truth justice and the Right Way.

I think both you need a good sound butt whooping. Now I can’t do it in person. Because you wouldn’t talk such a way to my face. But I can whoop you on this forum. Which is what I do.[/QUOTE]

These jokers just don’t get it, do they? Debating which ancient scripture is more violent? We don’t go to war & decimate other peoples under the command of God any more than they do any more. Women have equal rights (India is behind the West but they’re making great progress), etc etc

In the West we can’t help the religious cultural norms that we’re raise under any more than Indians can, but we can change who [B][I]WE[/I][/B] are.

But they want to point fingers at the outside, they want to blame the outside, they want to be “Proud Indian Nationalists”. & now this thread is bordering on antisemitism, if it hasn’t already crossed that line.

Quit playing e-grab ass with these jokers. It doesn’t serve for anyone involved.

“They killed each other like Aryas!”

If thomas stops. I’ll stop.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;46114]Nietzsche, ignore the scales. He is just a troll. He says thing thoughtlessly to provoke reactions. He’s probably not even read the Mahabharata. He earlier said Yoga did not originate in India.

This responses are typical from Flex, Indradev etc. You and I attack concepts, they attack people. Leave them to it. It is clear to the objective reader they have no substance. You and I provide hard facts. Let us continue with our Arya dharma and let them continue with the troll dharma.[/QUOTE]

This is a good start Surya. I’ll contact A R Rahman so he can compose an upbeat score. You and Friedrich practice your dance routines (who’s the stright guy?). Leave everything to me and I’ll have you guys prancing down the red carpet come Oscar season.

May have to change the old testament theme thing a bit. Violence is good, but can you find some sexy bits? Just try to resist casting any girls under 16. I’ve read about old Hindu men’s preference for marrying the young ones. Won’t go over well out here. Round up some lower caste filthy untouchable bastards to haul the equipment around on the cheap, and we’re set.

Try this one on for size

Google: “Barbaric Acts Hindu Scripture Story” I’m sure if you gave it a full ten seconds you could come up with even better search words. Perhaps you’ll win the ultimate booby prize and stumble upon an organization of hateful extremists who have all this stuff conveniently organized for you too easy copy and paste.

LOL

and . . . What fun we will have!!!

Not.

I’ve got more important things to do.

Like meditate on some stuff.

GOD SOMETIMES I REALLY LOVE CHASTISING THE MISCREANTS!!!

i doubt you’ve read the bible. Truth be told. Other than to google “barbaric acts in the bible.”

lol x 1,000

[QUOTE=The Scales;46129]There you go projecting again. I thought you gave that up? Not a big boi yet?

I doubt you’ve read the bible. Truth be told. Other than to google “Barbaric Acts in the Bible.”

Why do I always win? Because I stand for truth justice and the Right Way.

Why do I always win? Because I’ve forgotten more about religion than you “think” you know. You’ve both, proven that you really don’t have a clue when it comes to your own religion.

Darkness. This is all you invite. It kinda makes me sad. Doesn’t make for a nice world.

I think both you need a good sound butt whooping. Now I can’t do it in person. Because you wouldn’t talk such a way to my face. But I can whoop you on this forum. Which is what I do.[/QUOTE]

You never win.

You are always wrong.

You stand for Western supremacy and for other anti-Hindu/anti-Indians out there in the world.

Ignorance. This is all you invite. It kind of makes me sad. Doesn’t make for a nice world.

We know more than you will ever know. Always. Never presume to know more than us about Hinduism. You will never know anything more than practicing Hindus with respect to Hinduism.

SD does not need a “butt whopping.”

Look at these anti-Hindu/Indian posts all over the place! I never thought the way my convictions were fully confirmed would come!

[QUOTE=FlexPenguin;46137]This is a good start Surya. I’ll contact A R Rahman so he can compose an upbeat score. You and Friedrich practice your dance routines (who’s the stright guy?). Leave everything to me and I’ll have you guys prancing down the red carpet come Oscar season.

May have to change the old testament theme thing a bit. Violence is good, but can you find some sexy bits? Just try to resist casting any girls under 16. I’ve read about old Hindu men’s preference for marrying the young ones. Won’t go over well out here. Round up some lower caste filthy untouchable bastards to haul the equipment around on the cheap, and we’re set.[/QUOTE]

Lawl. More anti-Indian remarks. Straight guy? Bringing in Western biases to judge whether a guy is homosexual or not because he dances? Aren’t there a lot of Western men that dance too?

“Casting any girls under 16?” “I’ve read about old Hindu men’s preference for marrying young ones.” “Lower caste filthy untouchable bastards.” Yep. I don’t even want to sink to the level you have at this point.

And you guys hated it when I called you anti-Indian/Hindu Westerners with Christian biases. I guess it was because it WAS the truth. You didn’t like it, but now that have let go of that restraint…well, let’s just say I am glad to see how right I was.

Again, it must be noted by the objective reader how this thread is about the OT and the savage and barbaric acts contained within, which were later used for immense death and destruction in Christianity. It should also be noted that this was deemed necessary to be pointed out by religious-tolerance.com, a secular, multifaith peer-reviewed web site. In fact the vast majority of the OP is excerpted from that web site, with only slight commentary from me.

It should be noted the members Flex, The Scales, Indra Dev are not contributing to this discussion, but simply engaging in personal attacks. All these attacks have been unprovoked. This shows the character of these people. Rather than contributing to what could be a good discussion, they would rather spend their time here insulting people.

It is obvious that if a secular website like religioustolerance.com deems this necessary to be pointed out, that this is a valid discussion to be had in the subject of religion.

Ignore the trolls and continue the discussion

I think both you need a good sound butt whooping. Now I can’t do it in person. Because you wouldn’t talk such a way to my face. But I can whoop you on this forum. Which is what I do.

You do no such thing, because you never actually say anything of substance. I am putting you on ignore :slight_smile:

I love how none of these people who want to complain about being such victims, pointing their finger at the “Evil West” or whomever they like, never stop to think that all their troubles may be due to… [B][I]their[/I][/B] karma? :lol:

By the way I have a bible at home :wink: I have read all of the main Gospels, including the non-orthodox gospels and I have read the OT as well. I have also read the Quran.

I highly doubt anybody here(except Neitzsche) have read the the Mahabharata, Ramayana. Had they read it, they would not make
false statements about it. The Mahabharata and Ramayana are noble and enlightened texts which bespeak the horrors of wars and
the need to end wars by overcoming our selfish instincts. They teach about the need to develop noble(Arya) character. Nowhere,
in either of these epics, is genocide of people, rape of women, murder of children ordained. Such savagary and barbarism is not even
commited by the evil characters in these epics. Duryodhana, the villain of the Mahabharata, only crime is he jealous and feels that he
should be the rightful heir to the throne of Hastinapur because his father is the king, and not Yudishstra of the Pandavas, his cousins.
His jealousy gets the better of him and he ends up conspiring against the Pandavas. There are several assasination attempts and many
injustices done to the Pandavas - which the pandavas tolerate because ahimsa is considered a superior response. In the end, when the
level of injustice against the Pandavas reaches tipping point, does the great Mahabharata war take place. It is then Krishna counsels Arjuna
to fight. However, other than that Duryodhana was a noble king and his public loved him.

Ravana in the Ramayana is a great yogi with mastery of many siddhis, with great knowledge and a great devotee of Shiva. He is not at all
an evil man and commands a great empire. His only crime was his massive ego and pride. He thought that because he had such great powers
he was good as invincible and went on an ego-trip. His biggest crime was to abduct Sita, and in Hindu-Arya dharma, disrespecting a woman is
the most henious crime. Yet, although Ravana abducted her, he kept her in luxurious conditions in his palace and refused to touch her until she
would accept him(such noble thoughts only belong to Hindu-Arya dharma)

To us Hindu-Aryans the acts in the bible are so savage and barbaric that they’re unthinkable. Even our most evil characters in our epics are like
saints compared to the god and prophets of the bible.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;46174]By the way I have a bible at home :wink: I have read all of the main Gospels, including the non-orthodox gospels and I have read the OT as well. I have also read the Quran.

I highly doubt anybody here(except Neitzsche) have read the the Mahabharata, Ramayana. Had they read it, they would not make
false statements about it. The Mahabharata and Ramayana are noble and enlightened texts which bespeak the horrors of wars and
the need to end wars by overcoming our selfish instincts. They teach about the need to develop noble(Arya) character. Nowhere,
in either of these epics, is genocide of people, rape of women, murder of children ordained. Such savagary and barbarism is not even
commited by the evil characters in these epics. Duryodhana, the villain of the Mahabharata, only crime is he jealous and feels that he
should be the rightful heir to the throne of Hastinapur because his father is the king, and not Yudishstra of the Pandavas, his cousins.
His jealousy gets the better of him and he ends up conspiring against the Pandavas. There are several assasination attempts and many
injustices done to the Pandavas - which the pandavas tolerate because ahimsa is considered a superior response. In the end, when the
level of injustice against the Pandavas reaches tipping point, does the great Mahabharata war take place. It is then Krishna counsels Arjuna
to fight. However, other than that Duryodhana was a noble king and his public loved him.

Ravana in the Ramayana is a great yogi with mastery of many siddhis, with great knowledge and a great devotee of Shiva. He is not at all
an evil man and commands a great empire. His only crime was his massive ego and pride. He thought that because he had such great powers
he was good as invincible and went on an ego-trip. His biggest crime was to abduct Sita, and in Hindu-Arya dharma, disrespecting a woman is
the most henious crime. Yet, although Ravana abducted her, he kept her in luxurious conditions in his palace and refused to touch her until she
would accept him(such noble thoughts only belong to Hindu-Arya dharma)

To us Hindu-Aryans the acts in the bible are so savage and barbaric that they’re unthinkable. Even our most evil characters in our epics are like
saints compared to the god and prophets of the bible.[/QUOTE]

Uhhhh, you got a little Cut&Paste formatting issue with that original though of yours there.
Please remember to cite your sources yeah thanks… :rolleyes:

You sure like to throw accusations about. Prove that the post I wrote is copy and pasted from elsewhere :wink:

This comment I composed in the racist thread you started in the community forum before it got closed:

What I find ironic and both amusing is how this thread started out by accusing Indians of being anti-Western and racist etc, but the only racist comments to be found here are anti-Indian comments by the thread starter :smiley:

I repeat Indra Deva, you are lucky we Indians are so tolerant, had you said similar things to black or Chinese people all hell would have broken loose. I dare you to go to a black person on the street and say, “Your county has taken trillions and trillions of dollars from us, we have taken you outside of the gutter and kept you there”

This thread is highly racist and will lead to violent confrontation and I think it should be closed and action be taken against the thread starter.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;46178]You sure like to throw accusations about. Prove that the post I wrote is copy and pasted from elsewhere :wink:

This comment I composed in the racist thread you started in the community forum before it got closed:

What I find ironic and both amusing is how this thread started out by accusing Indians of being anti-Western and racist etc, but the only racist comments to be found here are anti-Indian comments by the thread starter :smiley: [/quote]

Okay, I get it. You’re a troll, as you seem unable to grasp the points I’ve made.

• no one here is a Catholic Bishop at the Vatican.
  • no one here is a Power Player with any Western Government, the G12, the Bilderberg Group, the World Bank or the IMF.
  • no one here has an irrational hatred of Hindus or Indians.
  • no one here is responsible for any of the problems that you have with “THE EVIL WEST”

I repeat Indra Deva, you are lucky we Indians are so tolerant…

What, are you going to go all Teitan on me and threaten me with physical violence from the other side of the planet for stating the obvious? Fine, go ahead. :smiley:

had you said similar things to black or Chinese people all hell would have broken loose.

Actually, the US likes to borrow money from China so it wouldn’t make any sense there either. Maybe you should lay off of your current antisemitic kick and try reading some global news?

I dare you to go to a black person on the street and say, “Your county has taken trillions and trillions of dollars from us, we have taken you outside of the gutter and kept you there”

You want me to go up to a black person in America & say that? They’ll probably just shake their head & walk away.
That was a good try though, I suppose.

This thread is highly racist and will lead to violent confrontation and I think it should be closed and action be taken against the thread starter.

Didn’t you start this antisemitic thread? :smiley:

Since we’re taking stuff from my other thread…

When you take many trillions of dollars worth of international aid from Western nations, you don’t get to complain about Western interests sticking their noses into your country. If you can’t accept that, that’s your problem, not mine or anyone else. I’m certainly not personally sending trillions of dollars to anyone, and I’m not sending missionaries, there is no love lost between me and Christianity. But I have a relatively firm grasp on how the real world works, and when you take a mountain of money from certain parties, they WILL WANT you to do a little something for them, like allow them an certain economic presence in your country. You take money from the World Bank & the IMF, you have to practically sell your soul to get it. & guess what? Countries do it every day. Mexico is forced to store and stockpile Canada’s nuclear waste even though they don’t want to, because of the deals they have made with the economic Powers That Be. It’s the price you pay when you try to play in the big leagues.
If it was me, tomorrow I’d take all the board members of the IMF, the World Bank and the Federal Reserve, lock them in the bottom of the darkest prison and throw away the key, because THEY are the real “Evil”. Their manipulating of little people, yes, even those who post on the internet, into thinking that it’s “US versus India”, all that racist bull****, whatever, it’s all a distraction. & if you and your buddies don’t get that, then you’re missing the real point. Colors don’t matter, except for the color of $$$GREEN$$$.
I’m sorry if you can’t grasp that, but that is the way things are. The Global Power Brokers just happen to be camped out in the West because that was where the money was to be had in the first place when global trade started up. The luck of the draw, so to speak.

You said “Because we deserve it, considering the $Trillions$ & $Trillions$ of dollars that we’ve sent India to drag it out & keep it out of the gutter”

If India, and your precious Prime Ministers, didn’t want Western Interests poking their noses into India’s business, then maybe your government shouldn’t have sold your country out, right?
(I’m not talking about British Colonialism, btw. & I had nothing to do with that either, in case you were wondering)
Hey, I didn’t twist an Indian government official’s arm and make them sign on the dotted line. They did it of their own free will and they pay the piper to somebody else. It’s not me, nor anyone else in this forum, nor anyone we know, so why don’t you quit being so friggin’ antagonistic around here? All I can do is try to affect a change with who I vote for and what I say to folks. That’s all we little people can do. But blaming me for the shoddy financial deals that your country entered into, or the crimes of the Catholic church, or the travesties that were allegedly perpetrated by some little tribe in the Old Testament (which I don’t believe in, btw), that’s all a big flaming waste of both your time and mine. You accusing me of being racist (when I’m not), being angry at me for being Christian (when I’m not & don’t like the Christian religion anyways), and accusing me of being anti-Hindu (I don’t even know what the hell that would entail but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t apply), all that is just a big waste of time. You’re railing against the wrong party. Go after the G12 or the The Bilderberg Group or the Vatican, but not me or anyone else here. You guys are totally barking up the wrong tree.

Do you expect us to be your friends with statements like that? This comment is highly offensive and racist and very few self-respecting Indians are going to respect you for it You are lucky us Indian people are so tolerant, had you said that to a Chinese person or even a black person, all hell would have broken loose.

Is it OK to be racist to Indians?

You’ve demonstrated next to no tolerance. You actually started a thread about the Old Testament, the occurrences documented there are historically dubious at best, but you’re talking about how it’s the most violent scripture? How does that help you in your Yoga practice? or anyone else here? No one here is advocating or supporting religious violence at all. C’mon, be serious.

You want me to go up to a black person in America & say that? They’ll probably just shake their head & walk away.
That was a good try though, I suppose.

Nope, they will shake your head :wink: Again, I dare you. Do it and report back to me(if you’re still in one piece ;-)) In the UK if you did this you would get arrested for racial discrimination.

Indra Dev you are a racist and what is funny you make it very obvious.

What, are you going to go all Teitan on me and threaten me with physical violence from the other side of the planet for stating the obvious? Fine, go ahead.

You obviously do not appreciate the good thing people do for you. It was I who reported that threat of physical violence against you by Teitan to David. And you know what? I would do it again if Teitan(if he was here) threatened you with physical violence.

I am a good person and you fail to see the good in me because of your racism.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;46180]Nope, they will shake your head :wink: Again, I dare you. Do it and report back to me(if you’re still in one piece ;-)) In the UK if you did this you would get arrested for racial discrimination.

Indra Dev you are a racist and what is funny you make it very obvious.[/QUOTE]

Black people here… most of them are AMERICAN. Me yelling at them about “their country”… it’s all the same country. So again, your proposal makes no sense.

& your con’t claims of me being a racist, unfortunately for you, doesn’t make it so. Sorry.
If I was really as racist as you allegedly thing (I still think you’re just trolling), I’d probably go to StormFront and never leave.
You know that real racists don’t spend time talking to other “races”, right? Do you know what real racist do, how they act? it doesn’t seem that you do…
Let me give you a little hint.
AMERICAN WHITE SUPREMACISTS DON’T DO YOGA.

I had no idea. Actually, Teitan stated that he WOULD perform some kind of assault on me but apparently it was too far of a drive. It was a stupid little infantile statement from an obvious troll.
& you “didn’t do it for me”, come on, get serious. You think reporting a troll for violating forum rules make you some kind of saint??? :rolleyes:

I am a good person and you fail to see the good in me because of your racism.

However, you don’t act like, or post like, any of the “good people” that I know. Good people don’t accuse people of being racists when they repeated state that they are not, and on a Yoga Forum of all places.
I mean really…

You are reminding us Indians of India, when in fact my country is not India but the UK. I am not sure about Neitzsche’s country of birth, but I am guessing it is not India. So why would you hestitate from reminding a black person of Africa?

Indra Deva you are squirming now. You know the comments you just made about Indians were racist and do not have the gall to say anything similar to black people, because you know what would happen to you if you did :wink: For the record many black people consider Africa their motherland and are loyal to it. Many black people have not forgotten about the slave-trade and still remember it to this very day. Annual memorials are held all over the world by black people to remember what they have gone through.

Similarly, some of us Indians remember what we had to go through under the British. How our rich and literate country was made poor and illiterate by the economic genocide of the British. We also remember the efforts of the struggle of our people to gain independence and rebuild the country. We have not done bad at all - from 95% people living in poverty in 1947 to 50% in the middle class by 2025, the fourth largest economy in the world(GDP: PPP) and top 5 countries in science and technology. Indians are sought all over the world in professional jobs.

It was your Obama that came to us, we did not go to him :wink:

Sorry, I assumed you were complaining about Indian stuff so much I assumed you were there. & I bet 99 out of 100 African Americans have no clue what African country they are from. They may have an idea but it’s not a part of their cultural identity. That’s just the way it is.

Indra Deva you are squirming now. You know the comments you just made about Indians were racist and do not have the gall to say anything similar to black people, because you know what would happen to you if you did :wink: For the record many black people consider Africa their motherland and are loyal to it. Many black people have not forgotten about the slave-trade and still remember it to this very day. Annual memorials are held all over the world by black people to remember what they have gone through.

Hahaha, you’re a slick little troll! not
Except that you don’t seem to grasp that Africa isn’t a country, it’s a big old continent. You know that, right? :smiley:

Similarly, some of us Indians remember what we had to go through under the British. How our rich and literate country was made poor and illiterate by the economic genocide of the British. We also remember the efforts of the struggle of our people to gain independence and rebuild the country. We have not done bad at all - from 95% people living in poverty in 1947 to 50% in the middle class by 2025, the fourth largest economy in the world(GDP: PPP) and top 5 countries in science and technology. Indians are sought all over the world in professional jobs.

Wait, you’re Indian and you live in the UK and you’re on a Yoga Forum accusing people of being racist against Indians???
Why don’t you just walk out your front with a cricket bat and start whaling on the first white person you see & scream "RACIST!!!"
Maybe that would make you feel better than accusing some American on the Internet of it.
& what was all that about me being “lucky” that you were so tolerant?

It was your Obama that came to us, we did not go to him :wink:

“My Obama”??? See, there you go, missing the point yet again.
I voted for Ron Paul.
& what does “came to us” mean? Are you talking about the UK or India? or are you just trying to muddy the issue again?