Knee and Bridge Pose

For the last two weeks I have been practicing the joint-freeing postures (the charts are great). I want to purchase your book, “Structural Yoga,” as soon as my pocketbook will allow. I have already noticed a difference in my general mobility and my challenge areas: the knees and hips. On another note a friend of mine has OUTER KNEE pain whenever she does the Bridge. Can you offer us any suggestions? I’ve read some of your recommendations for INNER KNEE problems (mine)! But what about the opposite? Thank you so much for your knowledge. I can’t begin to tell you what a wonderful difference it has made in my practice and how motivated I feel to learn more about anatomy and yoga! Namaste.

A simple solution may work which is to misalign the feet to the knees. That is turn the feet out but hold the knees in position. This can occur with tibial torsion condition, in which the lower leg bone is curved and the person does not look aligned at the knees and feet when they stand in Mt. pose. Their knees appear to turn in while feet are aligned. If it is not this condition, then could be tightness in the fascial band on the outer leg called the iliotibial band. Doing hips to the side in standing can stretch that. Great to hear of your inspiration. Namaste Mukunda