Knee pain during child's pose

I have started practising yoga since September last year and absolutely love it. Having dealt with Scheuermann in my teens and extensive physio treatment it feels great to see the flexibility progress I have made in such a short time. I can now reach my fingers to the floor with a forward bend, something I have never archieved before. :smiley:

However I have developed knee pain during the last month. It’s on the surface under my right knee on the snd especially painful during Child’s pose. the pain than radiates to the right side of the knee. It seems to be the contact with a hard surface. Now I put a soft blanket underneath and don’t feel it.
I feel a hard spot under the skin which causes the pain once pushed.

Anything serious or do I just have to live with it?

Congratulations on starting a yoga practice. High Five!!!
As for your knee, I think I would get it checked out by a doctor if it keeps causing you pain. It will ease your mind knowing whether it is serious or not and then you can go from there.

Is the pain sharp or dull?
Is it only present when the knee cap is bearing weight (down on the floor, mat, ground) or is it present in other poses?
Does it feel better/worse with heat or old, in the morning or evening, standing or sitting?

[QUOTE=InnerAthlete;71968]Is the pain sharp or dull?
Is it only present when the knee cap is bearing weight (down on the floor, mat, ground) or is it present in other poses?
Does it feel better/worse with heat or old, in the morning or evening, standing or sitting?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply. It’s only when I kneel with my knees on a hard surface, especially in child’s pose, down on the floor. The pain radiates to the right. I think I must have damaged some tissue underneath the skin. It?s under the right knee.

Now I use a soft blanket to put my knees on and that seems to do the trick :slight_smile:

i have had the same pain recently , most commonly doing childs pose or runners lunge with my knee on the ground…IT hurts out side my right knee and can be very sharp pain… Mine also helps with using a thicker mat, .Does anyone know what this is caused by or the name of this issue?

Placing a folded blanket between the back of your thighs and calves is often helpful for this sort of issue.

One of my best training yoga books he helped me for my back pain
http://c8bca8xbd8t9vt9qqafyxhtx6k.hop.clickbank.net/