Knee pain in child pose

When I do the child pose or sitting back on my legs, my knees feel like they are going to bust open!
Can anyone recommend any exercise's to loosen the knees?
Many thanks in advance....

Knee pain could be because of ligament issue, meniscus issue, PFPS and so on. First you need to need exact reason of knee pain.
I assess my students based on many criteria and then give proper yoga prescription.

Please first find out root cause of pain. Thanks

Hi SohamYogaStudio
Thank you for replying.
I have had full checks on my knees, from the doctor and had two x rays. I have no problems at all with them.
I can do most poses with no problems with the knees.
It is only when going into the childs pose it starts. But doing the Vajrasana and the leaning back into the camel pose, my knees feel so tight that it stops me from relaxing into the pose.

Then most likely it could be tight hamstring, gluteus, lats, IT band and VMO. Releasing tension in these muscle should resolve your issue..

I had a knee pain at the back of the leg and was painful to sit on the heels, what I started to do was take a very hot bath, go in and slowly lower into kneeling, stay there and deep massage the knees. This gradually cure my knee pain.

How to Avoid Knee Pain & Injury in Yoga for Sensitive Knees.
Knee pain in yoga is, unfortunately, a rather common occurrence. And even though yoga can be a great tool for knee injury recovery, people with sensitive knees often have a hard time in a yoga class. In this detailed blog, I am sharing with you 11 tips and modifications on how to prevent knee pain in yoga and how to make sure that your students avoid knee injury.

At the very beginning of this discussion lies the fact that yoga asana practice has been plucked out of its cultural context and placed in the West. Most practitioners forget that in India, sitting on the floor has been a way of life for a long time. Read more